For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
  • My pup and this dog my uncle is watching over aren't the best of friends, but they don't attack each other. I just noticed today that while the other dog wasn't happy with Mika ( the other dog's tail was down and growling), that Mika would sometimes rub her butt in the other dogs face kind of in a taunting way? I'm not sure how to really describe it, but was wondering what that meant and if it was common for Shiba's.
  • JuniJuni
    I think you're describing a 'play' signal from your pup's side, also turning your back or butt towards someone else is friendly behaviour, it can be used to calm someone down while playing.
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
  • zandramezandrame
    Kouda does this when begging a non-receptive dog to play. His next attempt is to flop upsidedown in front of them and paw at their legs.
  • BootzBootz
    Ermm... Not sure if its the same.

But Jackie (shihtzu mix) would kind of do that. She would stick her butt/hip in front of Bootz face then she'll lift her leg and make Bootz sniff her junk (They're both female lol). I notice its their way of saying "Ok we're cool now" because it usually happens after they play...which sometimes gets escalated into a quarrel, and ends with the leg lift "i'm sorry".

• Oh okay makes sense now. She did that just today again with the same dog, but didn't bark at her. I think Mika just wants to let the other dog know she shouldn't be scared and to play!
  • devonmlewisdevonmlewis
    Yuki does to people and dogs. I've read it on different threads on here-- seems pretty common with Shibas!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)