For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
SIRA is looking for foster/foster to adopt homes!! Adorable red female puppy!
  • SIRA just recently rescued six Shibas from a commercial breeder. Three of the 4 puppies have luxating patelas and one has already had surgery. SIRA is looking for a new foster/foster to adopt home for Kora, the little red female. She was giving her foster kitty brother a hard time. He did not like being a chew toy!

Kora is one of the 4 pups that qualifies for knee surgery. She needs someone who is willing to give her a lot if time to learn basic manners. She is a fireball, endless energy, but has sooo much potential. Very sweet and can be a drama queen ;) but don't fall into that trap, or she will push you around once she learns what buttons to push. Still working on potty training, but getting there. Please email foster@savingshibas.com if you have time to teach this girl the ropes! Located in Joliet, il.

photo Kora_zps6b221764.jpg

photo SIRApups_zpse5fb52f6.jpg
    Post edited by dhelsing at 2014-01-28 14:19:18
  • Here's another one of the four - pups. He was having severe pain with his bad knee and the doctor decided that he needed his surgery ASAP. They also had to place pins in his leg because his ligament was too short and he had severe bone deformities. His foster parents have named him tank in hopes that he may grow to be big and strong despite his injuries Tank is on what you would call complete bed rest for 14 days because his leg is so delicate during this healing process. And that's a very hard order for a puppy to follow! If you can, please consider a tax deductible donation towards helping these pups heal and feel better. Visit our website www.savingshibas.com and click the donate button on the top right. Thank you to everyone helping these pups!

photo Tank_zps800c53f3.jpg
    Post edited by dhelsing at 2014-01-28 14:41:31
  • SIRA foster, Kitsune, is in desperate need of a new foster or adoptive home ASAP. He is going between boarding and temporary foster home right now and is getting stressed with the lack of stability. He needs a shiba savvy person, No young children, no cats or other small animals, but plays well with other dogs as long as there is no food around. He is located in the Chicagoland area in Illinois. For more information on becoming a foster parent: http://www.savingshibas.com/help-the-shibas/foster-a-shiba

For more information on adopting: http://www.savingshibas.com/shiba-placement/adopt-a-shiba

Please email foster@savingshibas.com if you can help this boy.

photo Kitsune_zps9d856fcc.jpg

As you can see from the second photo, he loves the snow! :-) When everyone else needs booties to stand going potty, this goofball is still tunneling and rolling in the snow, forget the boots!

photo Kitsuneinthesnow_zps02aedb88.jpg
  • I have updated this thread at the request of others to combine all SIRA posts into one thread. SIRA has several dogs currently in foster care or needing foster care -- puppies and adults. These are great dogs! We have adopted three dogs from SIRA and have had great experiences.
  • Do you know if the black and tan puppy has been adopted, or fostered?
  • LoreliLoreli
    Ugh! I sooooo want to! Trying to get into a house with a bigger yard to have more and even foster some.

I have 2...and a cat so I can't even think about some that can't be around other animals and kids. (have 2 of them too lol)

I keep watching. Hopefully I can get a bigger yard and maybe my husband and I can squeeze one in somewhere ><<br />
    They are soooo cute
  • @chicagoshiba262: Both of the black and tan puppies are currently in foster care. I believe that one of the foster families hopes to adopt but I am not sure about the other one. If you are interested, definitely reach out to SIRA's foster home coordinator at foster@savingshibas.com. She will know the most up to date information.

Dawn
  • SIRA Foster girl Tara is looking for a new foster home (due to a sudden family medical emergency with her previous foster family). Tara is a 7 year old spayed female that we rescued from a commercial breeder two weeks ago. She is the mama of the 4 puppies listed above - she has lived her entire life as a breeder. She is a very tiny girl, about 14 pounds. She is very very timid but a super sweet girl. She is up to date on vaccines but still needs to be spayed. Please email foster@savingshibas.com if you can help this little girl. She is located near Joliet, il.

photo Tara_zpsebc3010a.jpg
  • I would help but I live in Fairfax VA, I just lost my shiba inu Little Sox, of 13.5 yrs on 12-27-13.
    Post edited by shibafox at 2014-02-10 17:36:29
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, shibafox. I've been there - and it's so hard! I'm glad you're open to another dog and to a rescue. There are so many dogs who need homes. I believe that there is a DC-area Shiba Inu rescue group. Good luck to you - I hope that there is a new dog in your future soon.

Dawn
  • I just put in my application to adopt through SIRA hoping to get my home visit soon!
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Good luck @LMSpost! Great that you are supporting a wonderful Shiba rescue!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • LMSpost! Hooray! So glad that you have applied to adopt. SIRA has a great selection of wonderful dogs ready for adoption. There are new photos and bios on the website: www.savingshibas.com. We're hoping to rescue another 4 dogs as soon as we can line up foster homes for them. Thank you for helping give one of these dogs a loving home.
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Just got an update on one of the Shiba puppies that were rescued. Poor little guy had to have his leg removed:

Hey Shibaholics. I know you've been hearing Brittany Issert-Rogowski, Aimee Bell & Dawn Helsing Wolters and myself asking for help with funds for S.I.R.A. Well here's a photo of Tank, one of the recently rescued four-puppies. Tank had to have surgey to remove his back leg because he twisted and broke some screws after having surgery. Poor guy is only 13-14 weeks old and had to lose his leg. He's healing fine, this was done yesterday and as you van see by the photo he's not looking too bad. He was excited to see Kaiju who went in today to have another vaccine and followup visit. These puppies have overbites, bad knees and all will need a surgery or two to correct some things. We are DESPERATE for funds right now as these pups and the older breeder females we took in also need surgeries. Please open your wallets and help out with whatever you can. Even if everyone only donated $1 that'd be over $2,000. Thank you guys very much! www.savingshibas.com Also, we're taking donations of food as well for our foster homes. Or you can donate money and I will go to Costco and buy the kirkland brand dog food since it's a decent quality of food for a good price. Please PM me if you would like to donate money to buy food, I can help you with that. Thank you guys so much!

Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)