For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Cold weather games
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    This is Si's favorite cold weather indoor game...keep away from mom lol! What are some of your Shiba's favorite indoor games? img src="photo 2fbec729-c2b9-4d54-bda2-820dc638ce6b_zps347b93f4.jpg />
  • Yoshi likes to take turns bringing his favorite toy to either my boyfriend or myself. It is so CUTE! He will bring his toy to my boyfriend, he throws it and Yoshi will fetch it and then bring his toy to me. I throw it, Yoshi fetches his toy and then he'll bring it to my boyfriend. It's a pattern he does. It is so cute because the both of us are sitting on the couch letting him run around like a maniac and yet he is having the time of his life! :)
    photo 6b74d441-46df-4852-af9a-1f765aea9bb0.jpg
  • Kiba0713Kiba0713
    Kiba's favorite game is a combination of those two. He will run to fetch a toy we throw and then run back to us, but when you try to get it back he will sometimes give it up but more often he will fake you out and run around with the toy. That and playing tug are his favorites. :)
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    What Si loves to do is get the ball and I try to knock it out of his mouth. If I miss he's happy. If I knock it out he goes for it and I try again. He loves that game.
  • XabiXabi
    My shibas love a flirt pole for I got from a dollar store. The dowel rod is fairly small diameter, but sturdy, and the string on it is stretchy and satiny. Then it has some possibly catnip filled toy at the end. It's kind of like fishing for shibas. First they try to get a hold of it, and then they try to pin it down. Due to the elastic quality of the string if they let go of it in anyway it flies back towards me, and it starts over again.
    X & I signature smaller
  • SayaSaya
    Saya loves her plush worm flirt pole and squirrel flirt pole toy also loves to fetch and play chase. I run away and she chases me. haha
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    Okay so I went the Dollar General and bought one of the flirt poles. I am not sure if it is the same brand as yours Xabi but he had it broke within minutes :-/ he did love it though. I am looking into buying a Kong brand version. As of the laser light, my Si is way too smart he goes for the light and then directly my hand and plays no more. lol
    Any suggestions for other indoor activities. This weather is too yucky to be outside.
  • jennjenn
    Does he like balls and/or digging? I taught Rigby a new game where I hide his tennis ball in a big blanket and he has to find it. (I'll put it under the blanket, squeak it, then tell him "Find it!") When he does, he gets to play fetch for a few minutes.
    Jenn, Shiba Slave to Rigby / http://hellorigby.com
  • zandramezandrame
    Kouda loves to fetch, and chase, and tug.

These gifs aren't clickable even though they look like it.. :P

Sometimes we play hide and seek. Or do training. We have a kid's play tunnel from IKEA that he likes to run through. He also loves to destroy packing paper and paper towel rolls.

When we are tired though, he will usually chew on an antler or Kong toy.
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    Yes he loves chase (both ways lol) and fetch. I will try the digging game but he hates blankets of any kind. I put one in his crate and he will push it to the side, he wont even bother to tear it up lol!
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    My spoiled boy ;) img src="photo 64b81218-b45c-446e-a747-02909af20102_zpsce5f16b6.jpg />
    img src="photo db9c9d7a-e9d5-4e44-8f54-cc2a48c1bea1_zps258b8a20.jpg />
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    Si is soooo happy we got more snow here! We never get this much snow where we live and I am thankful because it makes Si a happy shiba :) He is literally sitting by the door to go back out...lol
    img src="photo IMG_0997_zps5767e18a.jpg" />
    img src="photo IMG_1004_zpsb8c3c489.jpg />
  • HirokiHiroki
    SO jealous of all these people with snow... Stupid rainy England! Would love to take Hiroki out in the snow! :(
  • Kiba0713Kiba0713
    Jealous? It took me 4 hours to drive home from work during one of our last snows, it was so dangerous out- we've had soo many snow storms in such a small amount of time this year:( I would trade it for rain any day.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Kobe seems to prefer being out in the snow and cold temps. His favorite game is to go into the field and hunt the mice burrowing in the tall grass under the snow. He will pounce on a area, dig, and bury his head under the snow, often pulling up some of the dead grass. The other day he chased out 3 mice!! It was pretty cool!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • LuvourSiLuvourSi
    @Kobe1468 I learned on this very walk that Si loves catching mice as well. I try to take him off the path a bit and go in the woods, and on our way I found an area with tons of mice. Freaked me out but Si loved it so I let him play in that area a bit. He prefers to play in the snow as well. He's like a kid in a candy store with the snow. I am not a fan of cold but when I see how much fun he has in the snow, I bear it :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)