For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Really stressed during car rides
  • AtenAten
    Chloe always loved car rides, because she knew it meant hiking! But the past 2 rides, she is now panting fast/hard, shaking, and has her tail tucked close to her body. Is there any reason why she would all of the sudden be doing this? How can I help her not be so stressed during them?

Thanks~

Edit: After doing some problem solving, I tested a few things out and I might have figured out what started it..
    I probably shouldn't have posted this thread in a hurry, but I was concerned.

We had our Laundry hamper on the left side of the car yesterday, which is where she usually hangs out. I think it blocking her side, made her stress out. Our car isn't the smoothest ride (1997 Corolla), and I think she uses that side of the car for better balance, causing her to stress out when she couldn't do so.

So I guess I will just avoid putting everything on the left side if I have her with me.
    Sorry for taking up space with my now pointless thread :c

Although, I would have no problems if anyone has suggestions to make her feel better if I ever had to put something on the left side~

[mod edit: changed category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-12-02 14:29:11
  • amtiamti
    What happened the last time or two that you took her on a ride? Something has caused her to react this way and knowing the cause is probably going to help you figure out the best way to help her out of this behavior.
  • AtenAten
    @amti

I did some further brain digging on our hike today, and I might have figured it out. I will have to see if she does okay with our next car ride, and if she does then the reason I'm thinking is correct.

I edited my post, if you would like to read it.

Thanks~
  • amtiamti
    Hope it was the laundry basket. The strangest things, sometimes, spook my dogs. Good luck!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)