For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
A big problem with owning a Shiba Inu
  • BarrowBarrow

My bride of 25 years made a great statement this evening about Deshka......."The biggest problem with owning a Shiba is that we will never want to own another dog that is not as smart....."

photo null_zpsa33b9507.jpg
    Deshka loves playing with the neighbor kids when we walk her......she loves little people!
  • koyukikoyuki
    Lol i know what you mean! i think other people interpret my feelings towards Shibas as a breed as 'breed snobbery'. i can only ever see myself with Nihon Ken!
    Koyuki - red female
    Takeo- cream male
    Kenji- black and tan male
    Suma- sesame female
    Haruki-brindle Japanese Akita Inu
  • natashanatasha
    So true! Their "legendary cunning", as one article put it, as well as all their quirks and personalities that are soooo different to other dogs have spoilt my husband and I for other breeds. Don't think we could own anything but a Shiba unless of course it was an Akita (Japanese).
  • tatonkatatonka
    I agree. A lot of other dogs seem kind of dense to me.
    Monkey!
  • RikkaRikka
    I was expecting an entirely different thread based on the title, haha.

It's true, though. Nihon Ken are the best. :P
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • BootzBootz
    omg. Shiba + Kid = Cute. Cant wait to have my own.

I concur! Shibas are the best...and definitely not for the weak ;)
  • I know what you mean.
    My husband and I have had our Shiba boy for about three or four months now and I'm already looking to add another Shiba to the family, lol.
    We have had other dogs in the past but now I can't imagine our home being complete without a Shiba Inu. :)
    photo Paint-Project-Backround3.jpg
    Proud Momma of 2 cats, 1 Morkie, 1 Shiba Inu, 3 hamsters, 2 gerbils, & 20 finches :)

"A person's heart is not truly open until they have known the love of an animal."

"Those who say that dogs can't smile have never had a dog who loved them"
  • RooneyRooney
    I was a breed snob long before I got a Shiba ;). I find Labs particularly annoying. My Shiba's cute curly tail is a perfect barometer for how he's feeling and it doesn't leave bruises on my thighs when he gets excited (I look like I've been beaten after I visit my one friend who's Lab has a particularly powerful tail). Plus, with him being slightly less than knee high, there's no risk of Rooney molesting my friends with a doggy "crotch nose" experience. LOL :))
    Allison, Rooney's Mom
  • HAHAHA "crotch nose" is very unpleasant, for the person and the embarassed owner! :))
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • Quake was totally into being a doggy "crotch nose" before I had him neutered!!! Now he doesn't do that anymore!!!
  • I will admit: I am NOT a dog person. I have had cats all my life and was never particularly interested in having a dog. But OMG I LOVE our Fen!!!! I have never met a more amazing dog and since I understand he is pretty typical of the breed (minus a few annoying Shiba habits he didn't get HOORAY) I can't imagine ever having another dog!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)