For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba meetup in St. Paul Minnesota :)
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    I hope some of the others from the previous thread will join as well!
  • BlazeBlaze
    Okay, 1:00pm it is! See all of you there! We can't wait!
  • I'm back! My goodness, it has been a crazy couple of months! So, I was hoping to coordinate a setting and time for our Shibas since the weather is finally starting to cooperate, even though this weather is pretty colddd! I see there has been a time and date set up. I'll be sure to mark it on my calendar. :)
    photo 6b74d441-46df-4852-af9a-1f765aea9bb0.jpg
  • Wait....my mistake, we still need a place to meet, correct?
  • inryinry
    @iLoveMyShibz I think we all agreed on St. Paul High Bridge Park. Hopefully that works for you!
  • Ohhh goodness. Silly me! Yoshi is getting neutered on the 24th! Hmm....I'll keep you all updated if Yoshi and I will be making it or not.
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Oh no! I hope a speedy recovery for the little one!
  • Thank you!!! :)
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Oh dear- hope Yoshi makes a quick recovery! It would be sad if you couldn't join when you have been planning towards this for so long!
  • BlazeBlaze
    Good luck with Yoshi! Blazer just got his neuter about a month ago, and he is doing very well. Actually humps more now than he did before though...
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Would anyone be entirely against pushing it back a week in order to accommodate Yoshi's bold recovery?
  • I was thinking the same thing.
  • you midwest folks are awfully nice.
  • BlazeBlaze
    So we are pushing it back to May 4th...everyone in agreement? Yay or nay.

YAY
  • BlazeBlaze
    We might actually go scout out the park on the 27th anyways...so if anyone wants to still do the 27th, we will be there then as well.
  • Yay.
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Sounds good! I may come around on the 27th as well- it is my son's birthday on the 4th so I might not make it then- but will try.
  • inryinry
    At this time I'm not really sure if the 4th will work, although I have a pretty good idea that it might. I'm definitely fine with pushing the meetup back. I may still check out the park on the 27th though just to figure out how to get there (I'm very direction challenged when it comes to driving) :D
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Sounds like we may be having two meetups! I'm actually keen on this, more socialization never hurt my little jerk....I mean sweetheart!
  • @Fuyutsuki, I really appreciate you mentioning this to others! Very nice of you! :) The 27th and the 4th??? Is this good with you all??? :) :) :) Yoshi and I will definitely make the 4th meetup!!!
  • Ya darn tootin'! Minnesotans really know how to put together a fantastic meetup, don't we?!! \:D/
  • BlazeBlaze
    Maybe I'll bring a Hot Dish! ;-)
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Ofcourse @iLoveMyShibz! Ahhh, the Hot Dish, an Minnesotan classic. Are all the dogs pretty good socializers or are they mostly independent pups?
  • inryinry
    @fuyutsuki - my pup is incredibly social. He loves everyone he meets and all dogs he cross' path with. Although if the other dog isn't the least interested in playing with him, he will find the nearest lap to mope on for the rest of play time lol
  • inryinry
    Oh! Also, how will we all recognize each other? Should we tie a colored ribbon to our leashes? Wear a certain color? Should I just go up to some random shiba and go "Are you my puppy meetup pal?" :-))
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Shiba's aren't so very common- so approaching any Shiba you see is probably a pretty safe strategy, Inry- but I was wondering if there is a certain spot at the dog park where we should meet at?
  • Somebody could stand in the parking lot with a "Shiba Inu Tours" sign ;)
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Wouldn't it be fun if another shiba was there and didn't know we were all coming? I would be very confused if more shibas started pouring in.
  • inryinry
    Apparently the forecast says it's suppose to rain all Sunday, hopefully the weather cooperates with us. If not, we may not go to the mini meet up that day. How sad would that be, we've been looking forward to seeing a few shiba pups for awhile now :(
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    I have really been looking forward to this as well- hope it isn't raining too much. I am still hoping to go if there isn't a down pour :)
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    I don't know of Fuyu is going to make it today :( He hates the rain.
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    It doesn't look promising at the moment :(
  • Yep, looks like a rainout.
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    What a bummer. Hopefully next week will be nicer.
  • timmy3timmy3
    Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum and I'm glad that I've found a Minnesota shiba group! I had a couple questions about the dog park in St. Paul. Where is the nearest parking? Also would you like us to bring anything? Like picnic foods, snacks etc. Thanks.
  • Welcome! The more, the merrier. Here's a link to the dogpark's website, with directions for parking. Bring your favorite dog treats :)

http://www.stpaul.gov/facilities.aspx?page=detail&RID=173
  • iLoveMyShibziLoveMyShibz
    It looks like this Sunday then! :) what time works the best for all of you?
  • timmy3timmy3
    Anytime after 10 am for us!
  • inryinry
    I probably won't make it to this one. Hopefully we'll continue to make shiba meetups throughout the year & I'll be able to go to at least one!! :-((
    @inry, no worries!!!! I'll make sure to coordinate another one!!! I've been waiting for warm weather for the longest so us Shiba lovers could finally get together! :)
  • ShellyArensShellyArens
    I thought 1PM was agreed to in an earlier posting in this thread.
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Yes, Shelly, 1pm was the plan- does that still work for everyone?
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    1 PM works well for me still!
  • timmy3timmy3
    1 pm works for us too.
    Yoshi and I will see you all at 1.
  • BlazeBlaze
    Blaze will be there at 1pm!
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    You guys have fun and take LOTS of pictures! :)
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
    Thanks @Kira_Kira! :)
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Just a quick reminder for everyone: This dog park does not have a water source. I'm going to be grabbing a large bottle for water, but I would suggest doing the same. After a few Shiba 500's the little ones are gonna get thirsty!
  • BlazeBlaze
    Also, we went there last weekend and it was quite muddy. Be prepared for a dirty puppers on the ride home!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)