For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba meetup in St. Paul Minnesota :)
  • Good evening Shiba fans. I am highly interested in putting together a Shiba meet for anyone who enjoys them as much as I do! I have recently became a member of the Shiba Inu Forum and I am very happy to see so many lovely people take such great interest in their Shiba puppy/dog. I think it is wonderful. I think it would be super cute to see how my Shiba interacts and socializes with others of his kind, besides his sister that he spent some time with at the pet store. If any of you would be interested in doing this, please let me know your thoughts. :)

I am a new Shiba owner of Yoshi Yuu. He is 3 months old. :)

Hope to talk with you all soon.

-Sarah

[mod edit: changed category]
    photo 6b74d441-46df-4852-af9a-1f765aea9bb0.jpg
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-11-15 08:40:02
  • I'm a new Shiba owner as well- though my Kimba is a senior at 10. I would love to meet up with other Shibas and their people in the St. Paul area. -Stacy
  • @KimbasKin,

I'm so surprised that I haven't had any responses yet! I am so excited to have received yours. :) So are you around the St. Paul area?
  • I am in the St. Paul area about 20 min from there.
  • Yes, I am around 35E and Larpenteur
  • I'm on Arkwright Street- just off the Gateway Trail- and there is also a park/field just down a couple blocks on Arkwright that I used to see dogs and owners gather at during the summer- before I had a dog. Where are you at?
  • @KimbasKin & @thecody59,

I'm in Maplewood. About 15 minutes from St. Paul. I think it would be great for us to get together with our Shibas!!! :) What do you two think?
    Post edited by iLoveMyShibz at 2013-11-15 22:54:16
  • i would have to wait a little bit mine is just 8 weeks just got him a week ago
  • @thecody59,

That is completely understandable! Yoshi is only 3 months. I got him a couple weeks ago. Just stay in touch. :) post some pics when you get a chance!
  • yeah i just want to get him trained and get him his shots he plays really rough right now he will be ready in about a month when he is trained more
  • Yes, I completely agree! :) Yoshi is the exact opposite. He plays well, but is super calm when he is playing. I'm not use to that. Normally puppies are pretty wild. :) at least you would think so.
  • I would love to get together some time and actually meet a couple of these gorgeous puppies I keep seeing pictures of on the forum. Kimba is the only Shiba I have actually met face to face. I am really enjoying learning about this great breed.

• That's great! We will have to plan something soon. Let me know what your schedule is. :) looking forward to meeting another Shiba. They are so precious!!
  • @thecody59, How is your little one doing? :) I just wanted to check in with you....
  • @KimbasKin, How is your Shibz doing?? :)
  • Hi, Kimba is doing well. He seems to thrive on this cold streak we are having.

I actually met another couple who have two Shibas- when I was coming back from walking him a couple of weeks ago (they were visiting a neighbor)- but I didn't think to ask if they lived near by.

How is Yoshi doing? Would love to see more pictures of him.
  • @KimbasKin, Really? That is exciting! :) We should get our pups together soon! Even if it's just for a walk. :) I posted some new photos of Yoshi. Look on the main discussion page and you'll see my thread. :)
  • mine is kind of a challenge right now but he is a shiba ad my first dog so i guess i new it was coming i am hoping of getting a girl shiba puppy for him so he has a puppy friend to play he gets great with the dogs near us
  • What are the challenges that your Shiba is bringing you…..? Maybe I can help….
  • he is a really bad bitter ad barker
  • @thecody59,

How is your little man doing??
  • 10 times worse then before
  • @thecody59,

Really? Where did you say you were located again?
  • In Eagan
  • Hi guys! I just joined the forum. I'm in Roseville. If you have another meetup, I'd like to join you -- if you don't mind. I'm considering getting a shiba after I retire in a few years.
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Hi Shelly- I just posted on your intro. I am in St. Paul- my son goes to high school in Roseville. Actually we haven't managed to have a meet up yet! But are looking for more people to join us so you are most welcome!
  • The weather is slowly getting better! :) Thank goodness! @ShellyArens, I am wanting to coordinate a meet up here very shortly! I will keep you posted.
  • Yippee! Looking forward to it!
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Yay! Go for it iLoveMyShibz- can't wait to meet up!
  • Had an idea: would you be interested in getting together for the 5/3/14 Walk for the Animals? Or would that be too hectic for your dogs? http://events.animalhumanesociety.org/site/PageNavigator/walk2014.html
  • inryinry
    Oh gosh, I'm so jealous. I can't wait til I get a shiba to join your guys' meet ups!! :((
  • Join us! I'm shibaless, too, and probably will be for a few more years. I'm going to the meetup to make my acquaintance with Shibas and their owners.
    Post edited by ShellyArens at 2014-03-16 16:56:53
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Hi all, It is another snowy day today- but Spring has shown signs of making an appearance! I have been thinking it would be nice to get a date to aim for a meet up as my calendar is starting to fill up. iLoveMyShibz did you have any more thoughts on when and where we might get together? There is an off leash dog park on Arlington and Arkwright that might be reasonably central for people coming from different parts of the city. I have only been there once, but it seems fairly nice. I am happy to come where ever you come up with, however!
  • BlazeBlaze
    Hi guys-

Blaze is ready to meet some Shiba friends! We are in New Brighton, MN, but will meet anywhere. It is finally nice enough to go to the dog parks, but we still have yet to bring him out to one. Any takers?
  • thecody59thecody59
    I don't know if ilovemyshibz is on the forum anymore she hasn't logged in since march 15 or mebe she has just been busy.
  • I'm flexible, whenever, wherever.
  • inryinry
    @blaze we would like to have a shiba meet up with you. Our Koji has met plenty of dogs already, but never another shiba pup. It would be a lot of fun :D
  • BlazeBlaze
    @inry that sounds fun! Where are you located? Does this weekend work for you? We don't have a lot going on...
  • inryinry
    I'm located in Shakopee but am alright meeting you anywhere. This weekend won't work, my friend is getting married. Does most weekends work for you? I am free Sunday the 27th for sure. Just let me know and we can plan for a date.
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    Hi there! I have a 7 month old pup, who would love to meet some other Shibas! I live in Minneapolis, work in St. Paul, so I can pretty much go most places. I would be available for Sunday the 27th if I could maybe get in on this meet-up action. Sorry to invite myself ;)
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Me too, please! I live in St. Paul, but am happy to meet where ever is most convenient to all. I adopted Kimba 6 months ago as a 10 1/2 year old- and have never actually met any other Shibas. I would love to meet some of your fur babies. The 27th works for me as well.
  • BlazeBlaze
    Sounds like the 27th works for everyone, now we need a place. There are three of us in the St. Paul area. Anyone know a good dog park around these parts?
    Post edited by Blaze at 2014-04-10 21:30:43
  • inryinry
    I'm not that great with the twincities area so I'll leave the location to you three ;)
  • There's a dog park under St. Paul's High Bridge that has pretty good reviews in Yelp. Anybody been there?
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    I have not, but it looks like a great one!
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    Yes, that one looks good- and fairly central.
  • BlazeBlaze
    Sounds good guys! What time are we thinking?
  • FuyutsukiFuyutsuki
    I would love to do an early afternoon, around say 1:00? I'm open, but I figure someone has to toss out a time to get that ball rolling!
  • Good time!
  • KimbasKinKimbasKin
    I was thinking afternoon as well- that sounds great.
  • inryinry
    Around 1 sounds good! Can't wait to see all the shibas!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (5)