For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Lost dog Milwaukee, Wi - Update: Found
  • Hi everyone. Yesterday afternoon, our 2 year old Shiba escaped from our backyard. She was not wearing her collar nor is she microchipped. I'm looking to spread the word and hopefully get her back ASAP. If you know anyone in the Milwaukee/West Allis area, please let them know about this. I've included the flier from lostdogs-wi. I've also already put up some fliers, more will get spread to business around the area as soon as they open up, called the local police department, talked with neighbors, calls local shelters, vets will be called in the morning, report filed on lostdogs-wi. If there is any place that I am missingn, please let me know!! I just want to find my dog. I have my fingers crossed that she is going to turn up on her own (no luck so far) or some nice couple is keeping her safe and warm right now. I'm just at a loss as to what to do. Thanks everyone

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152016522351241&set=a.427722726240.207602.395490441240&type=1&theater

[mod edit: changed category & title]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-11-04 14:11:08
  • SayaSaya
    I hope she gets found soon. I shared this Yesterday on my wall.

Keep up the search she might still be out there somewhere I hope someone found her and they see the posters soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • That's what I'm hoping as well. I've put up about 50 fliers in a 2 miles radius and will start going to businesses in a few minutes.
  • BootzBootz
    Good luck and hope she's found soon.

Some tips:

1. leave a bowl of her favorite food out, the smellier the better
    2. Have somebody she's familiar/comfortable with stay at home and call out her name
    3. Not sure how your house is, but try to find clues/signs of how she got out and work from there in terms of direction of where she might have gone. (also escape proof it to prevent future escape as a Shiba owner who found her Shiba, lost her Shiba again same day because she did not escape proof her yard)

• We found her!!!!!!!
  • Thanks goodness! Where did you find her?

Also, you should get her chippd ASAP! I know of quite a few dogs who were lost who were reunited because a kind stranger took them to a vet and scanned the microchip.
  • MikoMiko
    Glad you found her!
  • She was actually picked up about 4 blocks from home and turned in to MADACC. Someone cross referenced my craigslist ad with what is being posted on the MADACC site and emailed me.
  • jennjenn
    Phew! So glad she was found so quickly! :)

But I have to agree with the others, please get her chipped just in case it ever happens again!
    Jenn, Shiba Slave to Rigby / http://hellorigby.com
  • Actually all of my animals will be chipped by next Friday. 2 dogs and a cat. I'm a believer in learning a lesson from life events and this was a big one!!!
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Glad she was found. Out of caution bothe my Shiba are not only chipped, but have a separate collar with tags, use a webmaster harness and have Tagg trackers. Sometimes I feel over cautious but better safe than sorry.
    犬竜
  • BearsDadBearsDad
    Good to hear, glad she made it back home!
  • I'll look into the webmaster harness and we've already been looking at the tagg collar. Thanks for all the good advice!
  • BootzBootz
    Did you manage to figure out how she escaped?
  • She squeezed through a hole in our neighbors fence. Which is now repaired.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)