For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
I don't know whether or not to be highly offended
  • HaloHalo
    Earlier I mentioned I was trying to let a classmate of mine know about shibas and dogs in general, and how they seemed deaf to what I was telling them. Well we were off school for a week, and they first thing this person asks me when we get back to school is if they could have my dog if I wasn't able to care for her or didn't want her anymore....whether or not I should be offended, I am! I would never just "get rid" of my dog.
    Post edited by Halo at 2013-10-01 16:11:19
  • HaloHalo
    How the person worded was something like :______, so I couldn't stop thinking about your dog this week. if you ever don't want her anymore or not able to care for her anymore, I will take her. I want one so bad, they are so cute......
    Me-"There is no way I would ever give up Halo"
    The person.... pouty face and the replies that you never know and to keep it in mind.
  • amtiamti
    How old is this person? Sounds a bit immature.
  • zandramezandrame
    Take it as a complement. You wouldn't give her up, so no worries. It's a reflection on how well you've socialized and trained her as a breed ambassador, good job!
  • HaloHalo
    @zandrame

=) I would love to take it as a compliment if the person had met my Halo, however, they haven't. only seen 2 or 3 pictures.

@amti
    I think 28yr? but the person does come across as quite immature. Just know they are a bit older that me, and I am 21.
    Post edited by Halo at 2013-10-01 16:26:22
  • zandramezandrame
    Lol! Just a crazy person then! Ignore and don't leave Halo alone with them!
  • HaloHalo
    Oh I won't leave her alone at all with anyone I didn't know very very well. But rethinking taking her to the school halloween party now which that person will probably also be attending.
  • RikkaRikka
    so I couldn't stop thinking about your dog this week. if you ever don't want her anymore or not able to care for her anymore, I will take her. I want one so bad, they are so cute......

Personally, if I was interpreting this (if someone said this to me), I would assume it's a joke. I probably would've chuckled (to make light of the situation), but moved on. *shrug*
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2013-10-01 17:05:00
  • DebDeb
    @Halo, I think your classmate is quite odd for saying such a thing. It's like asking for your child.
  • sunyatasunyata
    I am with @Rikka here... I have jokingly told people that if they ever get tired of their dog that I will totally take him or her off their hands (most notably, I tell this to Ritsu's (Kai Ken) owner ALL the time!).

I have also had people jokingly tell me that they will happily take one of my dogs off my hands.

It is usually in good fun, especially when it is among friends or other dog people. I would not read too much into it.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • BootzBootz
    I agree with @sunyata and @Rikka

People say that all the time jokingly.
  • tatonkatatonka
    I've had cash waved at me from a moving car while walking Tatonka. (true story) Should I be offended??

To OP: Come on..
    Monkey!
    Post edited by tatonka at 2013-10-02 12:23:48
  • HaloHalo
    I understand if it was between friends or people who knew eachother really well, if one my friends said it I would have thought it was funny. The person who said it to me was serious though, not stated jokingly. atleast that was how it came across to me. I barely speak to this person as I highly dislike the way they treat others and talk trash about them to everyone else. But hey, its whatever. Halo is not going anywhere without me =)
  • HaloHalo
    @tatonka, offended, maybe not, but extra vigilence to protect our dogs and ourselves. People do strange things now days.
    Post edited by Halo at 2013-10-02 13:46:05
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    @Halo...I really dont think this is a big deal. Just take it as a compliment and move on.

I think part of the problem is that you said you dislike this person(in the first place), so you are possibly misreading this persons actual intentions.
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • knnwangknnwang
    I joke back by saying "Great, I'll even throw in a bag of dog food." When they pause, I'll falow up with "Okey, two bags!"

They are neighbors and friends, and blame Ratchet's personality as a reflection of me! :))
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Because Shibas are so amazing and cute to no end, I would definitely agree that it was a compliment!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • HaloHalo
    @knnwang
    that is funny, maybe i will say that to whoever decides to ask me for my dog again....lol, or tell them they better have lots of spare underwear!!! she is the ultimate underwear monster :D :D :D
    Post edited by Halo at 2013-10-03 02:03:15
  • HaloHalo
    @kira_kira
    shibas are so amazingly cute, but amazing breed in general. Fiance says he may agree to let me get another shiba later in the future to be buddy for Halo.
  • HaloHalo
    @Kobe1468
    I have already moved on. Have way more important things to worry about than that...such as my endless homework and essays I have to do for anatomy :-S have a presentation coming up too
    Post edited by Halo at 2013-10-03 02:02:25
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    ^^good luck with your studies!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)