For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Rope toy with feedback
  • This barely counts as a DIY, but Roku absolutely loves this thing and it was really simple and cheap to "make".
    We got several feet of rope and put it through a knot hole in our fence, tying a knot at the end of the rope on the inside of the fence. We climbed over the fence and put that end through a large washer and then a spring (we tested different ones and bought one that was a little stiff, but not so much that he couldn't compress it) and then tied a knot on that side as well.
    Roku loves pulling on this and we've changed the spring out to something a little longer and stiffer as he's gotten bigger. We're moving soon and we're going to add more of a challenge/reward to it at the new place, though we haven't agreed on how exactly.
  • amtiamti
    I saw your photo of the rope toy and thought it was clever. I can see how my dog would like it too.
  • I remember also seeing the photo somewhere on FB? I also thought it was clever for those who have a very sturdy fence they could incorporate that with.
  • Yeah, I put the picture on Facebook. I have way more pictures of him on FB. Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are. :)

https://www.facebook.com/scarecrowlovesdances/media_set?set=a.10151615703298759.1073741830.662808758&type=3

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)