For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
How much does your Shiba Weigh?
  • Curious how much everyone's Shiba weighs? Everyone tells me mine looks big but I have seen some bigger? He's 10 months old and weighs 33 pounds. Is that big for his age? When do they generally stop growing?

[changed category ~mod.]
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-09-19 01:03:39
  • My 4 year old male is small. He is not under-weight (yearly vet checkups to make sure) but he's only 18lbs. He looks amazing for his size, but he's small.

My female on the other hand is large for a Shiba. She just turned 2 and again, in good shape for her size. Just had a check-up but she comes in at 38lbs.

All the research I've done said that I have one at each end of the Shiba spectrum. He is too small to show (about 1/4" below standard) and she is too big to show (about 1" over standard)

But I'm not interested in showing, just in my pets.

Hope that helps :)
  • This question has been addressed in many previous threads, as Rikka noted above, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. We request that members search the discussion archives (browsing the categories on the sidebar, or using the search function above), and bump pre-existing threads before starting duplicate threads, as it helps keep the forum neater. Thanks!
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)