For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Big day today with lots of "firsts"
  • Took Chloe to the vet because she has a super runny nose... turns out she has a cold and they gave her antibiotics. Only had her 8 days so they said it wasn't super uncommon as she had to adjust to new settings.

She did great at the vet, got all sorts of tests done... brought her home and gave her a bath (her first). I know they don't need them/shouldn't get them often.... but she STUNK. Brought her in the shower and she just sat there and chilled. Didn't budge. Gave her the meds tonight and she did really well with those as well.

Vet, bath, meds... she was a trooper today.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Very glad she seems to be doing well!!

Just a suggestion, maybe make a life story thread and post her progress there. Easier for us to follow!!

Thx!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • Kobe1468 said:

Very glad she seems to be doing well!!

Just a suggestion, maybe make a life story thread and post her progress there. Easier for us to follow!!

Thx!

Good suggestion... I'll def. look into that ;)
  • SayaSaya
    Baths aren't usually needed, but if a dog smells it probably needs it plus baths help with coat blows. :)

Good to do baths early so the pup learns to tolerate it too..
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Saya said:

Baths aren't usually needed, but if a dog smells it probably needs it plus baths help with coat blows. :)

Good to do baths early so the pup learns to tolerate it too..

Yeah, I don't plan on doing them often... just every once in awhile. She's 15 weeks old so I wanted to get one in early and probably a few more early on so she is used to them. She did awesome though... just sat there for me.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @millerb7 - I am going to go ahead and close this thread. I changed the category of your "first festival" thread to "Life Story". Feel free to share all of your pup's stories in that thread. This will prevent you having multiple threads for your Shiba.

Thanks!
    -Casey
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)