For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
What is your Shiba's favorite TV show to watch?
  • We noticed within the first few hours of owning Kira that she is very intrigued with what is happening on our TV. Kira will randomly start watching a safari show with monkey calls, shows with dogs, and sometimes when I'm playing a video game. News programming is not interesting to her at all (I happen to agree). Her favorite seems to be Meerkat Manor because of the sounds they make and sporadic movements.

I thought it would be fun to find out if anyone else's dogs have a preference for a particular show :)
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • SayaSaya
    Saya likes okami game she was intrigued as a puppy when I had Ammy bark, but now not so much.

Shows with African animals, boars, and so on. She liked the movie Bolt.

Steel magnolia is Saya's fav apparently she watched from beginning to end! mostly from couch, but she got closer around this time. hehe

Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • My pups like to watch most things on Animal Planet, but they react most/watch Too Cute! where they have all those breeders with their new born puppies or anything with dogs. Cheeto once saw them running to the right of the TV screen and ran down the hall to follow them, but to his dismay they weren't there. Silly Cheeto haha. I'll try to get a video next time he does it.

I do know though, that Cheeto does NOT like Joseph Gordon Levitt. I found this out when I was having movie night with my friends and he was perfectly fine when we were watching Pitch Perfect, but when we switch 50/50 on he barked every time he got on screen.
  • BootzBootz
    Game of Thrones.
  • jennjenn
    Rigby's favorite show is Bad Dog! on Animal Planet. I think that says a lot about him. :P
    Jenn, Shiba Slave to Rigby / http://hellorigby.com
  • Jiro seems to like cartoons. As a professional animator this pleases me. Clearly, we were meant to be, haha.

He also likes shows with dogs and other animals. If the dogs on TV are getting unruly, he barks and tries to tell them he's in charge and they're getting out of hand. This in turn gets the dobermans all riled up thinking someone is at the door, and so the dog chorus begins.
  • Okay, this is not a show, but Ember's reaction to Indian music with a sitar was crazy. It is not like she has never heard music before, but her ears were perked and her head kept swiveling back and forth...she was so intrigued! She tried to get a the speakers emitting this amazing sound and it got so distracting (I was driving) that I had to turn the music off.
  • @ShibaLove Haha, I think Bowdu gets a kick out of Indian music too. The tabla in particular seems to have all kinds of subtle tonal layers that get his ears groovin'...
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • DabishDabish
    Technically this isn't a show, but Chuji loves watching Toy Story. It was Toy Story weekend a few weekends ago, and her eyes did not leave the screen once haha
  • Breaking bad.
  • Roku likes most of what's on Adult Swim, the bumps with random music/noise get his attention. He finds Robot Chicken particularly interesting. Leonard watches Sons of Anarchy and Roku will usually watch too. I think it's all the screaming that gets his attention. I don't watch anything violent, so I don't know for sure what it is.

@melissafon Joseph Gordon Levitt? Lmao.
    @Saya What do you think it is about Steel Magnolias? Does she howl at the end? Lol.
  • amtiamti
    OM Gosh! I love this! I don't watch tv but I think it is cute how all the shibas are watching! I probably should check out some of these shows. They must be good if the dogs are watching them!
  • Kira was really interested in Meerkat Manor the other day! The sounds they make combined with their skittish movements reeled her in, she was hooked.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • My shiba Tsunami used to sit and watch The Wizard of Oz with us, it was the only time she ever acknowledged something was on the tv. I also fostered a shiba that seemed to love Leonardo DiCaprio movies and she sat and watched the entire movie The Aviator. She also liked Top Gear.
  • kuma was intrigue when we were watching futurama (while waiting for breaking bad)
  • Our girls love the show Too Cute with all the puppies! Roo likes Jeremy on Top Gear and Kai likes Justin Beiber for some reason.
  • Zim's not really into TV, but he was captivated when I put this Youtube video on the TV:

• Yoshi likes to watch anything animated. Despicable Me and Wall-E really catch her attention.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Bane likes our Sunday nights - Breaking Bad - he def. was a fan, we would lay on the couch and watch Walt do his thing. So sad it's over now, we will have to find a new show to watch together!
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Sports and shows with other animals - probably because they are visually stimulating. He HATES the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park!
  • Raiden loves to watch the walking dead show on AMC. We noticed when the intro to the show starts she sits in front of the coffee table and watches until the show is over.. and also we noticed she watches basketball games too. She gets so into the game by watching the ball get passed back and forth. Its funny to see her head move from left to right for 3 hours haha
    www.instagram.com/svg725
    www.flickr.com/shaynizzzle
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Football!! My wife would probably say anything an TLC, but my Kobe is a football fan!! And now that hockey is starting...
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • Pepper, NO JOKE, loves the movie Hachi. For those who haven't seen the movie, it's about an Akita dog waiting for it's deceased owner every day at the train station, hoping that the owner will return.

It was a rainy day and it so happened to be on. I figure I'd give it a watch. Every time Hachi appeared on screen, Pepper would run to the front of the TV, block my view, and stare at Hachi. When the screen would flip back to Richard Gere, Pepper would go back to her usual place on the couch and sulk. I think she has the classic blues of puppy love, only except it's with a celebrity dog. haha.
    Post edited by seastar135 at 2013-10-17 14:55:25

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)