For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
4-Year Old Male Shiba Near Boston Needs Home
  • Hi all,

A sweet male Shiba named Kenzo was surrendered to the Quincy MA animal shelter where I volunteer. He is a sweet soul and was surrendered because his owners could "no longer deal with him". He is very smart and inquisitive. Seems to do well with other dogs and people. He walks well in his Easy Walk harness -- does not pull or strain. He loves to explore, sniff, and play ball. I brought Dakota to meet him today and they got along well, so I'd suspect he would do well with other Shibas. So, if anyone in the Boston or New England area is looking for a sweet guy, he would be it. Quincy Animal Shelter is a no-kill shelter, so for now he is comfortable and well cared for. He'd make a great addition though to someone's home, so just thought I'd put this out for anyone in the area who might want a Shiba or want to add another to their current household. Here are some pictures of him:

Thanks for looking!
  • I'm interested. How would I go about acquiring him?
  • sunyatasunyata
    Such a shame. Thanks for evaluating this guy. He is a cutie. You might want to give a shout to NYCSR to see if they might be able to get him into a foster home in the area or at least courtesy list him. This way he would be more likely to get into a Shiba-savvy home.

@gabe_ozy - Since he is at a shelter, most likely he will need to be adopted by someone in the area. IIRC, you are in NC, which is a several hour drive from MA.

Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • Okay, thanks @sunyata. I'll also contact NYCSR too and let them know of his availability.
    Yes, @gabe_ozy he is just south of Boston, and you'd need to live near or around for them to consider you. They go through a whole, lengthy adoption process (including a home visit) and probably would not consider someone out of state.
  • I am glad he is at least in a no-kill situation and with an organization that does have a lengthy adoption process including a home visit. I think sunyata's suggestion is good too as that organization may already know someone who is interested in adopting a Shiba or at least can help get the word out. He sounds and looks like he will be a pretty easy boy to find a good home for.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    He's a handsome boy for sure! My Sister lives near Concord, will pass this on.
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • Diana is he still available?? My boyfriend and I are in northern RI... we have been looking at shibas for a while now... Haven't gotten a new puppy because of busy work schedules/new puppy pee schedules conflicting :) Do you know the phone # for the Quincy shelter so we might be able to go meet him next week?
    Post edited by eyedoc at 2013-09-12 23:18:56
  • There were people lined up for this guy at the shelter as soon as he became available. It was down to 3 final applications and a nice young couple took him home. What a sweetie he was.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)