For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
The Importance of a Toy Box
  • Deshka has always had toy attention deficit disorder (ADD). Even after a year, she still moves from one toy to the next after just a few minutes with each toy. She will go to her toy box and pull them out one by one until the floor is cluttered with them!

We would recommend that anyone who is about to bring a shiba into their family first play Santa Claus and fill a toy box!

photo 86DB7607-5246-442D-8696-534BEE233CC2-8672-00000C307AB53162.jpg
    in her toy box.....

photo 023BF15F-7581-49FE-BE54-3BCD945599EC-5156-0000081C8EE20A6F.jpg
    she finds toys everywhere!

photo null_zpsdcbb7526.jpg
    plastic key ring.....

photo C9928E17-DFCC-4866-98B1-750B41429943-6169-000008DA82D13F02_zpsf2c240a7.jpg
    many items became toys as she grew older!

photo ECDC7879-4BDF-438C-BBDD-6EE8EDA29D88-3577-0000041C82A97538_zps1671b805.jpg
    her fondness for stuffed animals has really increased as she has grown up!

• Adorbs!
  • So sweet! Mine marched proudly into the living room with a crunchy plastic water bottle last night... so funny!
  • My Shiba has a toy box and is always digging in it and bringing out toys. Definitely a must have!!
  • Yes, my two boys have three toy areas ...

First, a big basket filled with toys they can chose when they want. These are the ones we find scattered every where, these are the ones that get de-stuffed and de-squeeked, and these are not necessarily very pretty after the first week or so. They are loved enough though we don't throw them out, we just monitor for hazards.

Second, there is a special drawer of toys that come out only in the evenings to play with the humons. These are not ones they can chose when they get them. My one boy loves to sit and look at the drawer in a sign he wants mommy to play. He actually knows how to even open the drawer if I don't pay attention quick enough to him.

Lastly, we have a special dog kibble container that actually holds all training special items. In there we have very high value special toys (mainly tug type toys) that only come out for training purposes, like agility training.

You have to have lots and lots of toys!
    Post edited by redcattoo at 2013-09-02 09:11:50
  • JuniJuni
    Funny pictures! And the one with the feather is beautiful.
    Juni has lots of toys but doesn't have much interest in any of them. She is much happier with a stick or a pine cone. A very modest girl indeed.
  • RikkaRikka
    Haha, yes, we have a toybox in the living room.

Even after a year old, Sagan will go absolutely crazy and kind of "cling" onto a new toy for awhile. We get him a new toy every three or four months to change it up, and in that duration, he'll always play/nibble/offer you that one special toy. We don't go overboard on the toys because of that reason, but he has a couple laying around. He surprisingly hasn't destroyed a lot of them -- only two, and one of them was a very cheaply made toy.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)