For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Urgent - This little guy has until Sept. 3rd. Need Foster Home in San Antonio ASAP!
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Hey Guys,
    I just received this email, please forgive me for starting a new thread, if I was not supposed to. Please read and if you are available to foster, please respond ASAP! He has until September 3rd. Please read below...

URGENT: This boy has until September 3 and SIRTx has no available foster homes. If you can foster or adopt please contact the shelter ASAP. Please crosspost widely.

3 year old cream male at a shelter in San Antonio. (Their post says he is a chow chow, but that is an error.) A266889**Owner Surrender**micro chipped, neutered.To Rescue or Foster contact ACS:ACSRESCUE-FOSTER@sanantonio.govTo Adopt contact:ACSadoption@sanantonio.govA266889**Owner Surrender**This is a Male chow chow. 3 years old. micro chipped, neutered. The owner said when she adopted him. she was told he was a chihuahua mix. She has a small apartment. Please put the ID number in the subject line when you email.To Rescue or Foster contact ACS:ACSRESCUE-FOSTER@sanantonio.gov
    To Adopt contact:ACSadoption@sanantonio.gov

Mod Edit: Changed Category
    Post edited by Calia at 2013-09-02 07:12:36
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    They also have a picture posted, but I could not get it posted on here correctly. Let's help this guy get a foster and forever home!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by JScarf5 at 2013-09-01 21:26:38
  • Information sent to a close friend who lives in the San Antonio area. They couldn't adopt or foster this guy, but may know someone who could.

• Jscarf, Your post gives me a headache.
  • in related news, here is a picture-

• Good news! SIRTx is arranging a pull from the shelter on Tuesday (closed tomorrow) and transport to a potential home. Lets hope he is good with cats! If not at least he has a foster home and will get placed in a suitable home through the rescue.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Awesome!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • "Good news! SIRTx is arranging a pull from the shelter on Tuesday (closed tomorrow) and transport to a potential home. Lets hope he is good with cats! If not at least he has a foster home and will get placed in a suitable home through the rescue. "

Updated info sent to my friend in San Antonio along with the photo.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Wasn't trying to cause headaches, just trying to help. So glad to hear he's found something
    Post edited by JScarf5 at 2013-09-02 12:16:46
  • ShibaLove said:

Good news! SIRTx is arranging a pull from the shelter on Tuesday (closed tomorrow) and transport to a potential home. Lets hope he is good with cats! If not at least he has a foster home and will get placed in a suitable home through the rescue.

:) Glad SIRTx has found resources to help this one. It is always hard to see rescues in need posted and feel helpless to help them all. I have to really admire those who are very active in the rescue organizations because it has to be very emotionally draining some days.
  • Jscarf, Your post gives me a headache.

JScarf5 said:

Wasn't trying to cause headaches, just trying to help. So glad to hear he's found something

I was totally puzzled by that first post (it gives me a headache) when as far as I can see, it as just a reposting of a rescue need, which is fine.

Glad to hear this guy is getting into rescue!
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Me too Mistress, I read your comment wrong earlier which I def apologize for. I was puzzled myself which is what caused me to have a brain fart and read your post wrong. Ugh! Shibas can just tug at your heart sometimes eh? Thanks for setting me straight redcattoo :)
    Post edited by JScarf5 at 2013-09-02 18:32:53
  • @Jscarf, I think @shibamistress was saying she didn't understand why @ethirtydavid would even comment about getting a headache and supporting the fact all you were doing was posting for a rescue in need.

I also didn't think @ethirtydavid's comment was appropriate and found it odd when they said it gave them a headache.

I think the response you saw regarding the headache is to @ethirtydavid's comment not to you.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    You're right @redcattoo, sorry I got upset. I read @shibamistress 's totally wrong. I was upset about ethirtys comment as I was only trying to help a bad situation. Sorry Mistress, didnt mean to lash out at you or anyone. In the end, I know we are all happy he found a foster
  • Well, it wasn't my comment in the first place. ;)

Post edited by ethirtydavid at 2013-09-03 03:05:46
  • @ethirtydavid Okay, now THAT image gives me a headache.

Adopting mod voice now, Please try to keep responses appropriate, courteous, and on topic. If you cannot contribute positively to the thread, or your "messages"/images are so cryptic as to seem trollish, please reconsider hitting the "post comment" button.

This thread is about a Shiba who needs rescue, so let's stick to that. Thanks.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-09-03 03:50:37
  • My mom picked this guy up today fromhttp://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/vanilla/post/editcomment/209347 Animal Control Services. He had just been neutered and is still a bit groggy. His name is Hachi and he is a very sweet and mellow 3 year old. He allowed the cat to stiff all over him and even gets along with the very alpha female shiba in the house. I think she knows he is injured from his surgery and is leaving him alone.

photo Hachi_zps3cac8a74.jpg

Tomorrow the transport will take him to the potential adopter/foster, that is if my mom doesn't take him for herself! I have fostered quite a bit in the Dallas area but I asked my folks if they could help since they are in SA. This is their first experience volunteering with a rescue and I think that it is cool that they were willing to get involved. The more people involved the better! Plus now that they have first hand experience with it they might be more understanding why I am always taking in fosters. It is so rewarding helping out an animal. You can tell that most of them aren't well taken care of and with a little TLC would be beautiful, healthy shibas. Plus, how could you say no to that sweet face?
    Post edited by ShibaLove at 2013-09-03 21:38:51
  • SayaSaya
    I hope he heals up well. :)
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • I would like to say thank you to your familty for rescuing him.
    He is such a handsome boy!
    I hope he is getting better soon with TLC from your family.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Yes, thank you for getting the handsome boy!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)