For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Nestle Purina just purchased PetFinder.com
  • SayaSaya
    http://truthaboutpetfood2.com/good-bad-thing

Hmm not sure what to think about this. As long as Nestle doesn't force their food on some rescuers.. some dogs need be on certain food or limited ingredients due to sensitivity.

Maybe just Purina ads..
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    Monopolies are taking over the world,so it can't be a good thing. Usually quality is sacrificed in order to gain the almighty dollar. They may not directly affect our dogs since it isn't food or nutrition, but they could settle for substandard servers and excessive ads, leading people away from a very good adoption resource.

In conclusion, I think it's not a good thing at all.
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Not surprised at the targeted marketing strategy. Just hope that they screen out mills and byb's who might see an opportunity to misrepresent themselves.
    犬竜
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Hmm, I'll wait and see.

Petfinder has been in serious need of an improved interface and search functions for a long time. What exists now works mainly because everyone is used to it... but it could be so much better, and Purina certainly has the money to make that happen.

No way they can force Purina products on their users. But they could eventually try to monetize the site in disagreeable ways. The existing site seems to do a pretty good job of screening out legitimate rescues from breeders, shady or otherwise. I would hate to see Purina try to "expand" the reach of Petfinder (and therefore, their money-making opportunities) by reconfiguring the criteria of who can use their listing services.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    I can only hope they offer a higher quality Petfinder than they do dog food!

This sounds like it's all about money to me. A company as large as Nestlé/Purina wouldn't do something like this unless it helped the bottom line.

I guess only time will tell.
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • BearsDadBearsDad
    I think its all about ad placement, people find a puppy and they are blasted with the Purina brand, hopefully the sellers on the site have the sense to steer the buyers away from the sub par food.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)