For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Raw question from a newbie
  • BearsDadBearsDad
    So I realize that there is a rather well detailed Raw Thread already established, but I have a question that I did not find the answer too in that thread. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot but here goes....

We recently decided to make the switch to raw after hearing so many positives on these forums, we felt it was the right thing to de for Bear as he was somewhat disinterested in his $60 a bag Orijen kibble lol. We started off with some grocer bought ground turkey and fresh salmon bits, needless to say he loved them both! So that pretty much sealed the deal for us on feeding raw, I placed an order on mypetcarnivore.com and received everything today. I ordered the following items. -whole turkey necks -turkey hearts -ground whole lake herring -whole prey duck -beef trachea -lamb lung chunks -lamb trotter bones

The items are defrosting as I type and we are going to package portions later tonight, we gave bear one of the lamb trotter bones and he is chewing on it, he loves it! But I am concerned that it may be too tough for him, he seems to be doing well with it but I guess I'm just a paranoid daddy! I've done extensive research on the diet, but I guess not enough on the bone portion. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it, also if you have any input on any of the items I purchased, or if I should looks out for anything (sharp bones) ect. I would love to hear them!

Again, I'm sure I'm just being a paranoid parent, but it's not the most natural switch for me to make, I am confident the diet is the right thing to feed him though. thanks in advance!
  • curlytailscurlytails
    It's okay if you did not find your exact answer in the main raw thread... but since there's already a MASSIVE and very detailed thread on raw feeding, and your topic header here isn't specific enough to warrant its own thread, I'm going to merge this into the raw thread.

Feel free to repost your questions to the main thread.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-07-23 21:42:43
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions