For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Resource guarding. Advice?
  • roxanneroxanne
    This video shows how Django behaves when he is "resource guarding." This is a toy with a treat inside it. He did not bite me during this video. He has in the past, though. At the end, when he pushed the toy to me and let me pick it up, I said, "good boy." and gave him a treat. Was that proper? He gets like this when he has something he is protecting, often something I cannot even see, like a feather by the fence or a sock under a cushion. I really want to train him to stop this.
  • sunyatasunyata
    @roxanne - Please remember to use the Search function at the top of the forum to search for answers to questions before starting a new thread. By utilizing an existing thread on the same topic, you will most likely be able to answer your own question. If the existing threads to not address your specific question, feel free to pick the most relevant thread and add to it. This will help keep the forum much neater and make information easier to find for other members.

Thanks!
    -Casey
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions