For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Prairie Dog Treats- MOLDING!!!
  • um... yuck...? DX
    We bought her these treats as something to give her as a special now and then. (theyre expensive!!)
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1013773_609973655702505_693074744_n.jpg

She loves them. And we only bought them about two weeks ago at petsmart. (the receipt is lost however)

the expiration date is no where near close to now

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/600233_609973675702503_902040162_n.jpg

and it is a ziplock. They used to smell like human beef jerky. When I opened it this morning, it smells like old cheerios.
    Pulled out one piece and thought, maybe it just looks funny... pulled out a different one...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1044462_609973689035835_1364907581_n.jpg

YUCK!!! Im not giving that to my dog. I will be calling their company phone today, and will actually be posting this on their facebook if no one responds. This is gross.
  • I did the pictures wrong. woops.
  • amtiamti
    Oh yuck! Good thing you caught it before feeding it! I would also bring it to Petsmart. They have some record of what you've purchased, or at least some of what you've purchased because they sent me a recalled letter about my dog food that was purchased there.
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Write the company, being it to their distributor, ask for a refund or an exchange. Only thing I can think of, is they missed putting the preservative pack inside of your bag, or you took it out yourself when you first opened it.
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    Gross! Glad you saw it though! I'd take it back.

And I have to laugh, because I think I misread "human beef jerky" and though that was horrific as it was. (I read "human jerky). Yikes!
  • I called them and they are sending us a couple of new bags. The preservatives pack is still in the bottom of the bag, I dont take them out.
    They told us that because it is a natural product that it makes sense that it could mold, but they had never heard that complaint before. It is guaranteed to last for 2 years. We are in a really dry climate, so even if something molds here, it would take months. Not two weeks.
    there were happy to resolve the problem, but I shared this in case someone else has this problem. Just call and tell them, as with any problem you have with a product. They will usually either replace it, or refund you your money.
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Oh, I read that as two months (I must be getting old)... Sorry, my misread.
  • no worries.
  • MingFumiMingFumi
    At least bring it back to let the Petsmart know so that they can check their stock! Yikes!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)