For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
SHIBA INU LOST IN JACKSONVILLE, FL URGENT
  • vihleevihlee
    OH MY DOG!! any of my peeps in north FLORIDA. pleeze help. my friend Rae was in a car accident this morning and her boy Shiba, Ishi, bolted out of her car. he was last seen on Phillips Highway (US1 North) next to Nimnicht GMC Dealership near Hwy 295 and a large industrial park. he iz a fearful shiba and iz probably frightened. he MAY jump into a car if you see him. please share this info and ask everyone and anyone you know in the area to help look for Ishi.

Here is a pic of Ishi
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=445704228811481&set=a.122847871097120.15068.121362841245623

(Mod note: edited out phone number since dog is found. I figured she might not want to have her phone number out there any longer)
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2013-06-29 02:39:06
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    That's horrible. Her other Shiba was also recently mauled in her yard :(
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • redcattooredcattoo
    This is just absolutely terrible. Thanks for posting. I got on FB right away and reposted the photo with the lost dog information.

My gut hurts because of how much Rae has been through recently and how well she seems to handle it, add this is her birthday, add she does so much to help the Shiba rescue organization ... why do these things always seem to happen to people who don't deserve it?

Yes, @lindsayt that story is a sad about how her dog got pulled through her own fence about 18 days ago ... I so admire how positive she has stayed on FB with the recovery process.
    Post edited by redcattoo at 2013-06-27 15:08:23
  • vihleevihlee
    I actually just know her from FB, but she seems like an awesome person. I posted this from her friend's wall in the hope that someone sees him. I'm praying she finds him.
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    I reposted the pics of her boy too. I also know her from FB but she's lovely, and this is just terrible news. I didn't know it was her birthday today....I'm so sorry.

SEnding good thoughts, and hoping he's home soon.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    I only know her through FB and what I know she does for the SIRF org. Her birthday was either yesterday or today according to her posts received on FB.

She sure needs a break though from these bad things! I wish I was up in that area to go help look, but it is tooo far north of me.
    Post edited by redcattoo at 2013-06-27 17:26:26
  • SayaSaya
    I hope he is found soon so sad going through with her shiba getting hurt by a dog and now this! :(

I'll post My cousin is in Florida currently or maybe she is back in Louisiana hard to keep track.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • amtiamti
    I hope her dog is found safe and soon! That has to be a terrible feeling for both her and her dog!

Please everyone, buckle up your dogs when in the car with a good, reliable restraint system.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    :( Just saw that he has not been found yet as it was just posted an hour ago. Continues to make my gut hurt for her. I don't know her personally but from what I know on FB she is someone I have come to admire her spirit and dedication to Shibas.

Rae Chamberlain
    about an hour ago near Saint Augustine, FL via mobile
    Hi everyone. The search continues. I literally was falling asleep on my feet last night at midnight. I do actually have pretty hard whiplash, once the adrenaline wore off I became very achy and stiff and right now my neck is hurting. But it will be okay. I HOPE somehow my boy can be found. It's this hope that is keeping me from having a breakdown of epic proportions. I'm in survival-mode, but I need to find him... And soon. Was out for hours last night again with Trink who left a few marks and I hope he is actually close by. I have no idea where he really is and that's what worries me the most. I don't know how far he ran. but he has to be so scared and sad now. I know he does not want to be lost or away from home. As I carefully start moving this morning, I can't help to think about how awful it must be for him
  • vihleevihlee
    Maybe someone can post this in the "Rescue/Dogs" in Need section of this forum?
    I dont have access to that area :(
  • sunyatasunyata
    @vihlee - As noted in your previous introduction thread, you need to post an actual introduction in order to have full access to the forum. I am going to change the category of this thread, but until you post an introduction, you will not have access to it other than to read it. Therefore, please post a proper introduction.

Thanks,
    -Casey (Forum Administrator)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Hey guys what does Ishi look like? Colors? I'm going to speak to some of my Florida friends to get more words and eyes out there. I can't look at the fb page at work but i wanted to give a description of what he looks like.
    Post edited by JScarf5 at 2013-06-28 09:37:34
  • redcattooredcattoo
    STILL NOT FOUND AS OF THIS MORNING (6/28/13) ...... PLEASE IF YOU CAN CONTINUE TO HELP: JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA - Rae Chamberlain was in a car accident yesterday (06/27/13) and her boy Shiba, Ishi, bolted out of her car. He was last seen on Phillips Highway (US1 North) next to Nimnicht GMC Dealership near Hwy 295 and a large industrial park.

Ishi is 10 years old, 35 pounds and is 18.5" tall. He is a timid boy and is probably frightened. He MAY jump into a car if you see him. Try not to scare him away.

Please share this info and ask everyone and anyone you know in the area to help look for Ishi.

He is HOPEFULLY, but not definitely, inside PHILLIPS HIGHWAY INDUSTRIAL PARK. If you can help search, have any info or see him, contact Rae immediately at 860-304-2117. — with Rae Chamberlain

https://www.smore.com/qjyc-lost-shiba here is link with some photos
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Posted it on my FB...prayers to find this poor boy :(
  • sunyatasunyata
    @JScarf5 - Here is a poster with Ishi's photo and information on it:

https://www.smore.com/qjyc-lost-shiba
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    I Wander, I Ride
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    Thanks @sunyata, i've put the word out to a lot of people, we need to get this little guy home
  • jennajenna
    Hey guys - an update on Ishi - Rae said he was spotted around 6:00 this morning VERY CLOSE to where the accident took place yesterday morning. That's the only time he's been seen so far, but he's still alive and in the area. There are some train tracks nearby and she thinks he may be headed south (towards home) along the tracks. that is where she is walking right now. Please keep her in your thoughts and share Ishi's photos in and info with anyone you know in north Florida.
    jenna -> founder of nyc shiba rescue, inc.
    snickers -> master of shiba mind control
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • SayaSaya
    Thanks for the update I hope he finds Rae soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @jenna, thanks for the update. I really hope Ishi is found today safe and sound. I just can't imagine her going through another long night and worry. At least a sighting this morning gives hope that is still okay.
  • jennjenn
    Crossing my fingers for Rae and Ishi! Please keep us updated!
    Jenn, Shiba Slave to Rigby / http://hellorigby.com
  • ShibaLoveShibaLove
    Oh man at least he is still around the area and alive! I hope they get him home soon!
  • CrystalWolfCrystalWolf
    My best wishes and thoughts are with them. I get sad just hearing about it. I had to pick Riku up and cuddle him and tell him he better never get lost.
  • amtiamti
    I was hoping for some good news so I stalked her fb page and saw how horrific the mauling was on her little girl. Her girl is doing really well and a real champ. I do hope Rae finds her little boy.
  • shibamistressshibamistress
    She found him! That's all I know, but he is home with Rae! Yay! :) :) :)
  • sunyatasunyata
    Ishi has been found! :-D

Copied from Rae's FB page:

Safe and sound after following up on tracing a strange phone call with a police officer in middle Jacksonville, I went to the accident site feeling worn-down and worried. Parked the truck under a few trees and set food and water out. Took t out for a short walk near the edge of the road and left some markings. (I even did so in the shadows of some trees!) and we waited. A few hours went by and all I could feel was his sadness. And then the Friday night traffic got real quiet around 2am. And I was compelled to walk across the four lanes to the other side and gently call him. And I walked along the businesses fence lines and quietly called for him. And I was crossing back and heard it- the sound of dog tags. I spun around and almost collapsed because there he was! Boy!!! My boy! And I ran and crawled over to him. He was able to crawl under the fence gate and he jumped into my arms and have me sacred Shiba kisses and I held him tight and carried him across and into the truck. Joyous beautiful ceremonious tears of relief and joy and love that could be expelled once more!!! Thank you ALL for your amazing spirit and support -- I would not have been able to be strong and together without all of you and the knowledge that you were all there.... As he rests so now do I. xo

Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    I Wander, I Ride
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-29 06:04:34
  • CrystalWolfCrystalWolf
    Good. Very glad. Happy ending.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    I was so glad to see this today when I went on FB. Had tears in my eyes reading it. I just can't imagine having to go through the two worst nightmares dog owners can have in less than a month.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    I'm so happy he is back home ☺ I checked first thing this morning to see the status....such great news so happy for them both
  • JuniJuni
    Wow! Great news!
  • Ninja cuting onions behind me while I read this story!
    Post edited by Molly_Shibette at 2013-07-02 20:22:32
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger
    sunyata said:

Ishi has been found! :-D

Copied from Rae's FB page:

Safe and sound after following up on tracing a strange phone call with a police officer in middle Jacksonville, I went to the accident site feeling worn-down and worried. Parked the truck under a few trees and set food and water out. Took t out for a short walk near the edge of the road and left some markings. (I even did so in the shadows of some trees!) and we waited. A few hours went by and all I could feel was his sadness. And then the Friday night traffic got real quiet around 2am. And I was compelled to walk across the four lanes to the other side and gently call him. And I walked along the businesses fence lines and quietly called for him. And I was crossing back and heard it- the sound of dog tags. I spun around and almost collapsed because there he was! Boy!!! My boy! And I ran and crawled over to him. He was able to crawl under the fence gate and he jumped into my arms and have me sacred Shiba kisses and I held him tight and carried him across and into the truck. Joyous beautiful ceremonious tears of relief and joy and love that could be expelled once more!!! Thank you ALL for your amazing spirit and support -- I would not have been able to be strong and together without all of you and the knowledge that you were all there.... As he rests so now do I. xo

that is so cool

Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • LemonChickenLemonChicken
    Oh my goodness. Tears well up just reading it.
    Panko!
  • TrishTrish
    I'm so happy for both Rae and Ishi for finding each other again! Re-reading this thread has made me teary eyed :')

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)