For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
6 months weight and adult weight
  • kiba888kiba888
    This topic has been beat like a dead horse I know, but I still couldn't find a similar comparison.

Kiba is a week away from being 6 months and weights 22 lbs currently. His mother is 21 lbs and his father is 26 lbs. Is there anyone else that has a shiba that grew at this rate? I'm wondering what size he might become if your shiba weighed the same at his age. Looks like most of the people on this forum have shibas that weighed approx. 13-16 lbs at 6 months and 19-22 full size.

Here is a photo of him a couple days ago.
  • My puppy, Chi, was about 22 pounds at sixth months. Currently, at ten months, he's about 26 pounds and the vet said he's at his "ideal" weight. Since last month, he has only gained .2 pounds, so I doubt he'll get much bigger. I hope that helps.
  • kiba888kiba888

My puppy, Chi, was about 22 pounds at sixth months. Currently, at ten months, he's about 26 pounds and the vet said he's at his "ideal" weight. Since last month, he has only gained .2 pounds, so I doubt he'll get much bigger. I hope that helps.

That gives me a much better idea. That helps! Thanks

Anyone else experience a similar situation?
  • sunyatasunyata
    @kiba888 - There are so many threads already on the forum about Shiba weight. Since you know this and know how to find them, please post your questions comments in an existing thread. There is no reason to start a new thread specific to your Shiba's weight.

Thanks,
    -Casey
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions