For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Del Monte Foods and Natural Balance Pet Foods(R), Inc. Announce Merger Agreement
  • SayaSaya
    I just saw this on friend's wall talking about this so I thought I'd post this here too in case someone feeds this.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/del-monte-foods-and-natural-balance-pet-foodsr-inc-announce-merger-agreement-2013-05-22

Not sure if this will affect quality or maybe not or maybe remain find and eventually ingredient change.. I don't know we'll see what Del Monte does with this brand.

I haven't followed Natura too much except they had a recall recently forgot what for.

I used to feed Bella Natura kibble evo red meat kind before the P&G bought it then I stopped rotating it.

I mainly feed raw diet, but do feed Bella kibble.. I hope Fromm keeps up being a good company as Bella does well on that and few other brands.

I used to use the NB dog food rolls as training treats and kibble topper, but stopped after while since haven't been to pet store in awhile.

Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Uhhhh, I hate seeing these companies being bought out. I used to love all of the Natura line, and it crushed my soul when I saw them get bought out by the devil, himself. We have a cruelty-free household, meaning nothing we buy is tested on animals or is owned by a parent company that tests. Its hard work, but at the end of the day, its worth it. I avoid P&G like the plaque. The recall for their stuff has rattled the whole petfood community. But I don't think I'm the only one who wasn't surprised.

I really hope Natural Balance stays true to form. It was one of the first commercial foods that worked to create alternate diets for allergy dogs. I thinks that's pretty noble.

I raw feed Kai, and its just not one of the brands we tend to use for the cats but still, I hope it doesn't go downhill. It has done wonders for a lot of animals.