For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Older American Eskimo (Eskie) in Sacramento CA Needs New Home (Craigslist)
  • Hello all. Every so often I check the Sacramento Craigslist for Shiba and American Eskimo listings. Today I found this listing for a 13 year old male Eskie who needs a new home with a more sedate lifestyle. I had a brief email exchange with the owner and I think she is trying to do what's best for the old guy and her family. They are not up against a deadline to find a new home for him. Their next camping trip isn't until June and a family member will dog sit the little guy that time. (The family member cannot adopt him, because she has her hands full with her own dogs). Taking the dog on camping trips has become problematic due to the irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs run unleashed through camps. In October the Eskie was attacked by another camper's dog and required a visit to the vet and stitches.

Anyhow, here is the listing:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/3782236151.html

(P.S. I kind of monitor Eskie listings after knowing Casper, my sister's rather wired, but adorable Eskie guy.)
  • JuniJuni
    Ok, I'm going to be rude here, but come on! Because they want to go camping once a month????
    In reference to the other thread 'so you want to find a new home to your dog?' this seems pretty lame to me.
    Simplest solution, that most campers have in Sweden, bring a portable type of fence and put up around the trailer and the dog can have his own space.
  • RikkaRikka
    Aww, 13-years-old? :(
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2013-05-04 02:07:32

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)