For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Finding a new home for MeiMei
  • jhljhl
    It seems likely that my fiancee and I are splitting up. Our situations are such that neither of us will be able to adequately take care of MeiMei, and I'm very concerned with finding her a good home. My first instinct is to contact the breeders, and if they are of no help, try to find friends or family who will adopt her. If I still can't find a home for her, where should I go to next?

[changed category ~mod.]
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-04-29 20:29:13
  • curlytailscurlytails
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Definitely let your breeders know. They should be given the first opportunity to do the right thing and help you appropriately rehome MeiMei, or take her back if necessary.

It would not hurt to contact your local Shiba rescue and see if they have any prospective, pre-screened homes available. Let them know that you are doing what you can to help make a good match, and that you're not just "dumping" onto them. Check the directory of Shiba rescues for available organizations in your area (sticky at the top of the main discussion menu).
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    I can't add much more to what curlytails said.....

So very sorry....wish you the best!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • redcattooredcattoo
    Sorry to hear of your situation. I imagine this is a very emotional time for your personally.

I can't add to what @curlytails said other than to link you right from here to the thread referred to for the Shiba rescue groups http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/11315/national-shiba-rescue-and-regional-rescues-links#Item_5
  • If there is a Shiba meetup in your area, let the meetup members know about MeiMei. One of them might be able to take her. We have rehomed dogs through our Meetup connections.
  • jhljhl
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help.
  • Hi our family has been considering a Shiba for a while. Please PM me and we can talk.
  • EthosEthos
    I would post pictures and more info about the shiba. she might be the perfect fit for someone who is looking.
  • ShibaLoveShibaLove
    From jhl's intro thread she seems to be a beautiful 4-5 month old cream pup.

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/11549/new-to-the-forum#Item_11
  • akobeltakobelt
    Is she still in need of a home?
  • jhljhl
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I really appreciate all the responses. MeiMei is well taken care of, and I am not looking for a new home for her.

Sorry again for being neglectful and not updating.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)