For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
The DNA results are in!
  • MythMyth
    I am so excited! I finally know what she is for sure! drum role.....
    one of her parents was a pure bred Shiba Inu, Like I thought, and then her other parent was a German Shepherd, Siberian Husky, Akita mix. I did not see that coming lol She is not a large dog so it did surprise me that she has such a large dog as one of her parents. she is 6 months old and 18 lbs, so I am guessing she will be around 25lbs when she is fully grown. but anyway to celebrate finding out what my beautiful girl has in her, I took some pictures to post for you guys to look at ^_^ enjoy

This picture has her playing tug of war with my sisters mini pin.

• LosechLosech
    Those DNA things get some really crazy results sometimes. I would not take it as the solid truth, more of a suggestion.

Anywho, she's a nifty looking dog! When she's fully grown you'll be able to get a better idea of what breeds are actually in her makeup from her appearance and personality. It can be harder to tell when they are young.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    I think she is one awesome looking dog, no matter what she is!! Please keep us updated with how she's doing and with pics!! Will be interesting to see how she develops!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • RikkaRikka
    Agreed with @Kobe1468! She's certainly nifty looking. Do you tell people she's a Shiba mix or a Husky mix?
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • ShibaLoveShibaLove
    Those are some of my favorite breeds all mixed into one! She is really pretty!
  • TrishTrish
    She's such a pretty dog!
  • What a lovely looking girl! She's a Northern/Spitz type dog!
  • amtiamti
    She's got beautiful markings!
  • She has the perfect bits of each breed!! Hopefully she will have the "re-call" (come) ability of the German Shepherd and not the "Run away as fast as I can.." of the off-leash Shiba. She is really lovely!
  • MythMyth
    Haha thanks guys, I love her so much! I tell everyone she is a Shiba mix, she is small and her body is built more like a Shiba then a husky, though her coloring looks lots like a husky. She is about 16" at her shoulders and almost 7 months old so she is lots smaller then her pictures make her look lol
  • MythMyth
    Oh and also she comes to me so far but I am training her with treats so every time she comes to me I give her some of her kibble as a reward. So sofar so good? Lol
  • zandramezandrame
    Yep, she looks like what I would envision a "mini husky" looking like! Without the toy features the Klee Kais have.
  • tadavis0tadavis0
    Some very beautiful combos in her....
  • XabiXabi
    She is very definitely visually striking, and I bet she'll get a lot of attention. I agree with zandrame, she looks like a more robust version of a klee kai. Not to sound hysterical, but I'd get her microchipped.
    X & I signature smaller
  • She is a beauty!
    2014 Confirmation Show
    "Pardon Me. Is My Shibaness Showing?"
  • Cool looking dog. I always get asked if my Shibas are huskies. Yours actually looks like one.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    Myth said:

I am so excited! I finally know what she is for sure! drum role.....
    one of her parents was a pure bred Shiba Inu, Like I thought, and then her other parent was a German Shepherd, Siberian Husky, Akita mix. I did not see that coming lol She is not a large dog so it did surprise me that she has such a large dog as one of her parents. she is 6 months old and 18 lbs, so I am guessing she will be around 25lbs when she is fully grown. but anyway to celebrate finding out what my beautiful girl has in her, I took some pictures to post for you guys to look at ^_^ enjoy

It is fun to have DNA test results to give you an idea what they believe your mix is. I know I did it with my mix. It sure isn't 100% accurate and I know I have read many things before doing the DNA test on how inaccurate it actually is, but short of guessing it is the next best knowledge. In my case at the 8 great grandparent level only 3 breeds were even close enough matches for the test to report on their guess.

In my case we also had German Shepherd and Siberian Husky, but we had Chow Chow as the third reported breed out of the 8 great grandparents with the other 5 not definitive enough for the report to list. I still see a lot of Shiba (or Akita) in my mix, so I have gone to calling him a Poppycock mix (after the food) of nutty goodness.

She really looks like a very pretty Husky mix, so enjoy her and hope she has the best of the traits from whatever breeds are truly in her :)
    Post edited by redcattoo at 2013-04-22 10:21:34
  • Awee she is so pretty! A combination of goodness.
  • RAM25RAM25
    Wow gorgeous! What a great mix
  • MufasaMufasa
    Great looking pup! Just by looking at your pictures I would have guessed Shiba/Husky mix
  • She is beautiful!
    Photobucket
  • curlytailscurlytails
    I think you got the best-possible looking outcome of that mix. Hope you got all the best of the temperament and health, too! ;) The size difference is a little surprising, but not that much to me... At any rate, she's super cool.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • kagurarapkagurarap
    I absolutely love her colors and that's one heck of a mix of awesome dogs. She def looks part husky/shiba.
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Wow what a cool looking dog! The pics could be misleading but she looks like she'll be more than 25lbs.
  • JScarf5JScarf5
    What great coloring! She is so pretty!!! Great looking dog! Great mix too!! :) Keep us updated with pics!
  • She's so pretty!
  • KichiPupKichiPup
    She is the coolest dog ever! The red on her tail and hind legs is amazing! Her size is even more surprising, she totally has that shiba tail goin on!
  • bmass174bmass174
    definitely see a bit of husky and shiba. And i too hope she has the good recall of a shepard! keep the pics and updates coming : )

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)