For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
What is the difference?
  • bmass174bmass174
    I searched but could only find little bits of info on some of these breeds, so i dont think there is already a post like this(if there is please direct me to it)
    what is the difference between:
    a) nihon ken
    b) shikoku
    c)akita inu
    d) kai inu
    e) kisha inu
    f) hokkaido inu
    g) shiba inu
    I have heard of these breeds, and they all seem to LOOK pretty similar. Can someone help me out on what the difference is? Size? temperment? life span? health? Im just curious about how they are alike/different from my little shiba inu pup.
    THANKS for any help : )
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2013-03-31 01:57:50
  • LosechLosech
    Visit: http://www.nihonken.org/forum/ And read the breed descriptions in their respective sections. Use the search to find threads that discuss this as well.
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • bmass174bmass174
    I have applied for a membershib to the Nihon Ken forum. I will continue to look for information and breed standards and info. If any of you own one or more of these breeds please feel free to post and tell em about them(and i would love to see a picture or two)
  • SayaSaya
  • There's also the Korean Jindo too, I've seen a few of them around. I want a Shikoku so bad, there's a breeder here in PA I believe. One day I want to make the trip to visit and get on his list tho I understand it might take years to actually get one.
  • tatonkatatonka
  • Post edited by shibamistress at 2013-03-31 01:58:11

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)