For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Animal Guardian Network and Molly Bear
  • redcattooredcattoo
    I wasn't sure what category to put this in, but for those on this forum who haven't been following Molly Bear's story since October 2012 I wanted to give you a chance. I put it under Rescue/Dogs in Need as I believe this is one of the success stories for why rescue organizations are so important even at one dog and one day at a time and how they not only touch the dog, but can touch the whole social network community.

I am posting a FB link below to the Animal Guardian Network FB page. In October 2012 they took in Molly Bear. She was believed to be about 10 years old, couldn't walk, and barely could keep her head up. They have taken a long 5 month journey with her and I have followed many of their FB updates through these months.

While her story makes me cry, it is because of the deep love, care, hope, and inspiration I feel in my heart for Animal Guardian Network and how they touched Molly Bear.

If you want to know more about her, follow the link, go to October 21, 2012 and scroll up through her updates. Just be sure to have a box or two of kleenex as you follow her story.

For those who have followed her story on FB, this is a thread where you can share what touched you about Molly Bear and/or Animal Guardian Network.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Animal-Guardian-Network/58290657415?ref=ts&fref=ts

*edit, I should add for those who haven't followed her story over these past 5 months, it seems it will be coming to an end soon, but not short of leaving a big impact on many people.
    Post edited by redcattoo at 2013-03-28 12:16:14
  • That was really heartbreaking, but I'm glad Molly Bear had a good last few months with people that care for her.

But still....I can even imagine why people would do this to dog, just abandon them. Especially the old dogs. :(
  • JuniJuni
    Molly Bear has had folllowers here in Sweden too, it really breaks your heart reading about her.
  • amtiamti
    Wow, what an incredible survivor and a story about the power of love! Its so nice Molly got to know what it meant to be loved and had a nice place to spend her days, void of fear, hunger, and abandonment. AGN had some very touching stories on their page, I was following all the dogs and crying for them. What a wonderful organization!
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @amti, I am glad you took the time to catch up with what they have done and was able to experience Molly Bear's story. It saddens me it is coming to an end from what the updates indicate, but her legacy in the power of spirit and love is very moving to me.
  • It looks like Molly Bear passed on today. Poor girl, but so glad she had a home in her last months. Swift passage, sweet Molly.
  • amtiamti
    So sad... but I'm really glad she was surrounded by love in the end. She was proof in the power of love. RIP Molly Bear.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    Thanks for @shibamistress for mentioning that, I hadn't looked yet for updates.

I am glad her last 5 months found her surrounded by such love. Something about following her story with AGN really touched my heart.

I hope her spirit carries on and that everyone remembers life is precious, you never know how much spirit and love can be given even in a short period of time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)