For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Will you clone your shiba inu?
  • SakuSaku
    Post edited by Saku at 2013-03-18 00:15:51
  • SayaSaya
  • LosechLosech
    No. Why?
    Because there is no way I would be able to replicate Conker exactly as he is today without abusing him in one way or another. Growing up in a puppy mill, petstore, and then a shelter, is a big part of who Conker is today. Many of his mannerisms and personality traits were largely defined during the first four months before I acquired him. No reasonable person would intentionally put their dog through that just to get an exact (behavioral) clone of their previous dog. Also, Conker has numerous health issues, and I would really not want to deal with all these again if possible.
    Don't get me wrong here, I love Conker and would never trade him for anything, but it would not be ethical at all to attempt to get an exact clone of him. Physically that's simple, all I need is a less-than-standard looking red Shiba. But behaviorally... No. It just would not be the same without putting the pup through hell first. And even then nothing is guaranteed to be the same.
  • DebDeb
    I read somewhere that cloned animals wind up with shorter or fewer telemeres resulting in earlier aging than the original that was cloned. I think that particular article was about the sheep that were cloned.
    Post edited by Deb at 2013-03-18 02:01:29
  • I'm not gonna clone my Kuma, cause he's gonna stay with me forever and ever anyways!

• tatonkatatonka
  • CaliaCalia
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
  • SaskaShibaSaskaShiba
  • HaloHalo
    No, it may be a "clone" but it would never actually be Halo.when the time comes for Halo to pass on, I would rather just adopt a different shiba in need of a new home.
  • EthosEthos
    I would definitely clone Akuma..
  • RikkaRikka
  • GrayJJGrayJJ
    I wouldn't clone.

But maybe if they could find a way to clone for breed/animal preservation without a c-section, it could benefit somehow..
  • tatonkatatonka
  • But why do they need to do a c-section?
  • RikkaRikka
  • BootzBootz
    I would clone Bootz because I would LOVE to have a pack of shibas offleash on the beach at Fort Funston. That would look awesome :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)