For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Help - Yoda ate human hair and it's stuck in his rear end
  • Every now and then Yoda gets super needy. Literally climbs on us and clings to us. We just assumed he wasn't feeling well and took advantage of the cuddling time. Tonight he is doing the same thing, and we noticed that he has poop stuck to his rear end. This has happened before (poop stuck) and I was able to clean it off = back to normal. Tonight we tried to clean him and we noticed that ne must have ate a bunch of my wife's hair and looks stuck on the inside. She tells me almost like a clump stuck and he can't get it out. When we tried to pull it he yelped pretty loud..

He gets diarrhea if we give him peanut butter so we fed him some hoping that might help him pass what ever is stuck in there.

Does anybody have any advice.

thanx
    Post edited by skygremlin at 2013-03-15 01:26:26
  • BootzBootz
    1. Don't pull the hair if its hanging out of the butt. It can damage their insides.

2. I'm sorry but that just sounds nasty. How is Yoda "eating your wife's hair?"
  • Thanx - we tried a bit then stopped. Not sure how much is in there though. She has hair in the bathroom, and on the floor. He finds it all over the place..:(
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    He should go to the Vet, and you will need to start keeping the hair picked up. Dogs can get gastric and intestinal trichobezoars (hair balls) from eating long hair or yarn or string, and these can actually cause obstructions and bowel problems. Your Vet will be able to assist you, especially if the dog is having pain.
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • BootzBootz
    Teach Yoda "leave it"....then buy your wife a hair tie....and Also vacuum please.

The hair will pass out of his system himself. Don't trigger diarrhea just to get it out of his system since diarrhea is stressful for the body.

Btw please put more descriptive titles next time as it would help with the thread search for future members.
  • RikkaRikka
    Yeah, definitely go to the vet, and start being adamant about picking up after your wife's hair. :P
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • Thanx everybody - sorry for the title we were talking as I was typing.. :( Is this something we can take him to the vet tomorrow of do we need to go to the 24 hour emergency room tonight?
  • The only time
  • BootzBootz
    Is he in pain? Acting different? Not eating?
  • he's real needy. Don't hear him whining or anything. He's laying on the floor with his head under the couch. He does this from time to time. He used to lay under it when he was smaller..
  • RikkaRikka
    It doesn't sound like an emergency, but I'd definitely get it checked out tomorrow or soon.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • Take him to a vet.

*resists the urge to make a Star Wars remark because this in NOT a joke thread*
  • thanx all for the advice. Was up at 3AM this morning with Yoda. He didn't poop or pee before I left for work. But sounds like over lunch he dropped a big steamy and is back to normal... :)
  • amtiamti
    Glad he is back to normal. We had a dangler the other day, but it came out easily since it was a single hair. Sh- It happens...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)