For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Skijoring with a Shiba
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
  • LosechLosech
    I've never tried it with Conker (can't have him pull, he's got a bad knee) but he does know directional commands. I just started saying "left" and "right" when we turned corners on walks or took a fork on a hiking trail. He got it eventually. He's also got a load of endurance. You just have to slowly build that up over time.

If you want a proper pulling harness, you can order custom-sized one here:
    http://alpineoutfitters.net/secure/scripts/default.asp
    They are very high-quality and really durable. They also have joring equipment.
  • JuniJuni
    I have been skiing a couple of times with Juni. She was slightly weary of the ski poles at first and ran here and there in pursue of squirrels and other animals. But on the way home she ran nicer in front of me at a nice pace and even pulling a bit. She only wore her regular harness and I tied a long leash to my waist (not very comfortable).
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
  • JuniJuni
    She got used to my skis and poles but barked at other skiers... And of course I didn't expect her to be able to pull me completely but we had some lovely time in the woods.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)