For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
RED ALERT! Hachiko is Missing!!!! -FOUND-
  • I'm gonna post the poster up here as soon as I can get to a computer, but please if anyone hears of a Shiba near here in South East PA Please let me know! My bf was walking her last night and she tugged too hard on the leash and he lost his grip. I'm completely heartbroken right now...
    Post edited by KitsuneSakakino at 2013-02-15 23:11:27
  • OMG - prayers for you and your doggie :(
  • redcattooredcattoo
    I hope for a good ending to this situation ... please keep the forum updated as we all will have you in our prayers for a safe return.
  • Will keep fingers crossed.

You may want to contact the Philadelphia Shiba Inu Meetup organizer and ask him/her to pass the word through the meetup. Here is the link:
    http://www.meetup.com/The-Greater-Phila-Shiba-Meetup
  • SayaSaya
    Hope he is found soon.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Post edited by KitsuneSakakino at 2013-02-15 16:59:16
  • Where was he last seen? I live in Levittown.
  • Drexel Hill, PA but it's been almost 24 hours... =(
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Call vets around the area, animal control regarding any shibas. Also start posting photos everywhere, I will keep my fingers crossed.
  • SayaSaya
    Posted the picture and location area on shibaholics and few other shiba FB groups. I hope he is found soon. Be sure get posters out and check shelters. Is he micro chipped?
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • sunyatasunyata
    I hate to hear news like this. Hopefully he will be found very soon. Is he familiar with the area at all?
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
    I Wander, I Ride
  • That's sad...Hope your Shiba is found soon
    Fred and Jodie...Madison WI

**Mika....The Shiba Inu**

**Zoey....The Schipperke**
  • InuzooInuzoo
    My thoughts are with you .....
  • (She)
    We just moved here a few months ago so I'm not sure how well she'd be able to find her way home. She's chipped and has her rabies tag. She still has her leash and collar on. I've called 3 different SPCA's they assure me if she comes in they'll know she's mine. I've called every Vet in my area, some multiple times, I've papered the neighborhood. I've call animal control in two counties, the local police dept, the health dept, I think I'm out of people to call. She went missing around 7:30 last night, I got home around 8:30 and went out on foot calling her till 1am (I think someone called the police on me). I got up at 8am and started all over again this time with 100ish flyers, then drove around the entire town...
  • I'm sorry to hear this. Definitely call around animal shelters, animal control and local vets if you haven't already. Hopefully she'll turn up soon.

EDIT: Didn't see your last post. Good luck with finding her. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure it will all be all right.
    Post edited by notoriousscrat at 2013-02-15 18:38:35
  • RikkaRikka
    :'(
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • BootzBootz
    Sorry to hear this happen :(

Don't lose hope. Stay positive and keep trying! Make sure somebody is watching the house in case she comes home.
  • My heart is breaking for you. Your microchip company might also send out an alert. I've see something like this at our vets. Keep the faith and I'll send my prayers.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you find her soon. Sometimes dogs have been found even weeks later, so while I certainly hope you find her sooner, don't give up hope!

(I shared the photo too on FB--I do know people in the Philadelphia area, so you never know!)
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2013-02-15 19:42:28
  • I use to live near Drexel hill. Do you mind if I post this on my fb? I have a lot f friends in delco.
  • It's good that you've gotten the word out ASAP. Shiba people are great at mobilizing and networking on each others' behalf. Good luck...
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • My biggest fear is her getting hit by a car (it's already happened once before to her but she only had a few scrapes to show for it but I've been forever traumatized by it). I'd say about three times an hour my eyes well up with tears...
  • Please feel free to post this anywhere and everywhere you can
  • Done. Praying for her safe return.
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    So sorry...I hope you find her very soon!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • Poster provided to Philly Shiba Inu Meetup organizer.
  • ugh. I really hope you find her!!!
  • amtiamti
    Any word? I hope you find her or she finds her way home!
  • I tried sending you a pm. I'm still new at this so I hope you got it.
  • I got your Pm Itzmethu, but I'm on my phone and having problems responding. I'm trying to stay hopeful. The people who called me that had spotted her yesterday all saw her around the time she first disappeared but nobody that called gas seen her since... I'm going to expand my flyer range tomorrow
  • Glad to know! Keep us updated.
  • Omg omg omg!! SHE'S HOME!
  • BootzBootz
    Yay!!! :)

Did she come back herself or somebody found her?
  • Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Did she just trot on home like, "what? Just went out for a stroll."
  • Yay! Yay! Tell us more!
  • INU RYUUINU RYUU
    Great news. You might want to consider a GPS tracker like Tagg. I got mine after another forum members Shiba in Brooklyn was lost for weeks.

Hope she is fine.
    犬竜
  • I don't know about everyone else but I'm eagerly awaiting the details! I love a good reunion story.
    Post edited by Itzmethu at 2013-02-15 22:34:01
  • I had a good cry, made up a plate of food to leave outside just in case, I walked outside (where I just was 15mins earlier) and she was curled up next to her dog house! I thought I was seeing things! She saw me, got up and ran over all excited where I then dropped to my knees and cried twice as hard as I just had. I have no clue where she just spent the last 27 hours! But yeah, besides being hungry as hell she's acting as if nothing happened
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    Great news!! So happy for you!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • Awesome! This just made my night! So so happy she came home!
  • BootzBootz
    Darn Shibas always come back to get fed lolol. Bootz did the same to my cousin.

Glad she is back! Don't be too hard on your bf. ^^
  • Yeah. Go easy on him. Get him one of those hand grip exerciser things to work on his grip though ;)
  • So glad to hear this!

I let the Philly Shiba Meetup organizer that she was home.
  • I can't thank all of you enough! Like I said, seeing her get hit by a car the one time was traumatizing, I had almost lost hope that she'd come home after 24 hours
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    Glad you found her! Did she still have the leash attached?
  • I'm so glad she found her way home!
  • She did! It was dirty from being dragged around, but besides that she was 100% normal, she wasn't even dirty so my biggest question is still where WAS she? The best that I can imagine is that she found a nice place to sleep in someone's backyard
  • Yay yay yay. Just the update I wanted to see when I saw there were a ton of likes and new comments on this thread. Smart Shiba -- glad she made it back safe and sound. =)
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • jennajenna
    OMG, I only just saw this. Thank GOODNESS she's home. Chasing and calling and searching for an out-of-sight Shiba is one of the worst feelings ever. So happy for you that she came home.
    jenna -> founder of nyc shiba rescue, inc.
    snickers -> master of shiba mind control
    jennaandsnickers.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)