For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
UK SHIBA MEET UP ANYONE?!
  • GemmaGemma
    Me and @RAM25 were talking and we both agree that we get jealous of all these US meet ups and think that us UK shiba people should try and have one too! :)

The issue of when and where will obviously have to be discussed, but if people comment and write suggestions and where they're from then we can try and organize a meet up that works for everyone :)

I'm from West Yorkshire, but I'm pretty happy to travel anywhere in the name of a shiba meet up :)

I hope we have enough people from the UK on here to do this! And if you know anyone else who has a shiba, try to rope them along too! :D

Me and Laika look forward to hopefully seeing you all shortly :)
  • zazazaza
    Its worse for me as I'm in Northern Ireland :-( I don't know of any other Shiba owners at all :-(
  • GemmaGemma
    Same! :( The only shibas I've ever met are the breeder's I got Laika from! :(

That's why, if a meet up can get organised it'd be awesome :D

Imagine all them shibas!
  • RAM25RAM25
    We are few and far between it seems! I'm in Cornwall but would travel for a Shiba meet up! :D
  • micomico
    We're just outside Liverpool and Arashi is also from the northwest. We were going to try and arrange a meet in October, possibly at Dunham Massey, but uni open days and bad weather got in the way.

Apart from Suki's mum and her sisters the only other Shiba I've met was in Paris.

I don't get on here as much because I've just started a new job so send me a message if you arrange anything and I'll try and come.
  • RAM25RAM25
    Oh no! Come on UK Shiba people! There must be more than just us?!
  • GemmaGemma
    I'm taking Laika to Liverpool on the 18th for a few days! My boyfriend's at university there so we always go and visit regularly if you ever fancy a shiba play date? :)

GEEEZ, tell me about it! There MUST be more UKers on here?! I'm going to Crufts at the beginning of March this year on the day the shibas are been shown. I'll try rope a few of them onto this forum and a possible meet up :D don't know what they'll think about it though, they might all be snobby and shoo me away (probably not the case but I have an image of all these snobby shiba showers trying to fluff up their dogs for showing and an excited girl wandering round talking crazy about some forum, heh heh), but hey its worth a try ;)
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @Gemma, I would hope that you don't meet snobby shiba showers as long as you respect when they do need to prepare their dogs because their turn is coming up. I suppose as with anything you may meet one or two, but so far the events I have gone to (mainly agility) everyone no matter what the breed has always been open and friendly if you respect the timing of talking with them. Good luck to the UK meet-up group! I know how much fun it is to see the South Florida Shibas all meet-up.
  • micomico
    @Gemma, I'm working the 18th & 19th but off the rest of the week. Sefton Park's a good dog walking park.

I tried to join the shiba club of GB but was made to feel I wasn't worthy when I said I wasn't interested in showing Suki, I just wanted to meet other shiba owners.
  • RAM25RAM25
    Dissapointing to hear that there's snobbiness in the UK surrounding Shiba's...I'm tempted to go to America for a meet up!
  • GemmaGemma
    Heh heh, I was only joking. I'm sure their all lovely :D but I did hear of one UK breeder who won't let people come visit mum and pups because "you wouldnt know what to look for anyway" :o admittedly Laika's breeder was really nice and down to earth :) and yea I heard that about the UK shiba club, its a shame really.

I'll try work out how to get to Sefton Park and take her there and hopefully our paths will cross :D id LOVE to go to a US meet up! I don't know about the whole travelling customs though :( don't want my little Laiks to have to go into quarantine :(
  • RAM25RAM25
    We looked into transporting our Shinobi quite a bit (for when we go back to Canada) and there are ways fo doing it where you can carry them on as hand luggage and get a puppy passport so that provided she has all the right shots (like rabies etc.) they don't have to do the quarantine bit :D

Where abouts in the Country did you find Laika? We got Shinobi from Llanelli, South Wales. (Just checking they aren't in fact sisters!)
  • micomico
    @Gemma, I suggested Sefton Park because most students live in that area and though tit might be somewhere you've been to before.

I'm going to Tokyo in August and hoping to see lots of Shibas then. We should take her because she's got lots of fans because she's always in my daughter's dance videos, I think more people watch them for Suki than for DD!
  • GemmaGemma
    Wow, I might have to look into travelling with her then! I'd love to travel the world with my little shibes! :D

And we got her from Leeds, so I guess not :( I still think Shinobi is Laika's sister from another mister though ;)

@mico I'll ask my boyfriend and his flatmates then, they'll know where it is :D wow, I'd love to go to Japan! It'd be like a shiba overload! She's got fans!? Little shiba diva ;)
    Post edited by Gemma at 2013-02-06 16:32:36
  • GemmaGemma
    I messaged some other members from the UK that I could ind and linked them to this thread, although it doesn't look like they come on here very frequently, but its worth a try! :D
  • arashiarashi
    Hi!
    Don't get on here much but I'd be up for a meet up, as most in the UK are down south and a bit too far for me to go!
    I'm free most weekends and am based in Manchester :)
  • RAM25RAM25
    Are they? I'm down south and have seen nadda! Although I guess Cornwall is it's own little cut off world sometimes...unfortunately a Shiba free one!
  • arashiarashi
    The uk shiba owners group on Facebook organise a few meet ups.. The next is on Sunday 10th March at Kenley Aerodrome @2pm.
  • YumeYume
    Count us in. We're Buckinghamshire based and highly fueled for a Shiba meet! :D
  • GemmaGemma
    Wow really?! Just found the page now! Looks like a shiba meet up really is possible! Would you guys all be able to go there? I'd love to meet the forum people more than anything :D
  • arashiarashi
    I can't make that one... It's a bit too far for me and arashi to get to sadly
  • Hey @Gemma we have about 5 Shiba friends in London, and would love to invite you down. We live by a large open greenland called Hampstead Heath in central London and we often organise little shiba meet ups and walks. We want to organise one for the spring when it gets warmer - why don't you join our group on FB? I'll message you on here when I know more also. http://www.facebook.com/groups/shibalondon/
  • GemmaGemma
    Central london, huh? That makes me happy because it'd be easy to find! :D I would more than happily join the group on facebook! All these shiba meet ups are getting me excited! :)
  • I'm in Tonbridge area and can get to London if I can come along too? Fox would love to meet other shibas! Also @Gemma is that your shiba's name or yours? :-)
  • In fact, I'm wondering if we got our shibas from the same breeder thinking about it now...When I picked up Fox a couple picked up a girl at the same time which they named Laika. I got Fox from a breeder in Telford.
  • GemmaGemma
    Request to join the group on facebook? :) I think they're planning on a Spring meet up which should be good! :) The more the merrier ;)

It'd be cool if we did but I don't think so! :( We got her from a breeder in Leeds and we were the last to pick her up, poor Laika haha! But it's cool that there's possibly another UK shiba called Laika! :D
  • :D I'll send a request now! :)

A family before me bought a girl from the same place as me and they also called her Laika - so there's at least three in the UK! :) I did come across the details of a Leeds breeder (I used the "Find a Breeder" on the Kennel Club website and found the contact details there) but thought Telford might be a bit closer! I'm looking on getting another Shiba when Fox is two years and am planning on getting a girl, so who knows, I might end up with Laika's sister! :)

• KentaKenta
    Ahh Im from the netherlands but would love to join this meeting! Kenta has some british breeding in his pedigree, so maybe I'll even run into some of his family! Can i join the facebook group?
  • KentaKenta
    I've send in a request for the Facebook page, I'm valentina...
  • GemmaGemma
    @FoxyShiba oh wow! Imagine a meet up jut full of Laikas! Haha calling the dogs back would be interesting ;) I used the find a breeder tool aswell! :) its such a good idea, ooh that'd be cool! :) I can't decide whether I want a samoyed or another shiba! :( a samoyed, personality wise would be easier, but the grooming is intense, but I love my shibas! Torn, but I have time to decide :D

@kenta ooh the Netherlands? That's cool :) and its not my group, someone else owns it, I'm just a part of it. But I should imagine you'd both be accepted :D as I said earlier, the more the merrier :)
  • KentaKenta
    RAM25 said:

Dissapointing to hear that there's snobbiness in the UK surrounding Shiba's...I'm tempted to go to America for a meet up!

Not only UK. I think Netherlands is even worse. Such arrogance, yuck. Everyone was talking behind my back when I showed my Shiba for the first time, just for fun. Saying he's fat and that I shouldn't show such a fat and ugly Shiba. All because I got third place for the first time, without training etc. Whatever, jealous ******* :-)
  • GemmaGemma
    :o That's horrible! I think Kitsu and Kenta are beautiful! :)

I suppose you'd probably find "bad eggs" in every dog breed showing, just like everything else in life unfortunately. But all is well, because us cool nice shiba people make up for them snobby fools ;)
    Post edited by Gemma at 2013-02-26 16:58:17
  • Yume said:

Count us in. We're Buckinghamshire based and highly fueled for a Shiba meet! :D

Yume - Myself and Moshi are in Chesham if you ever fancy a meetup! He's an off-the-leash Shiba who loves playing with ALL other dogs (especially Shibas though, he knows...)
    Post edited by GeraldEmerald at 2013-04-22 20:25:48
  • takoyaki said:

Hey @Gemma we have about 5 Shiba friends in London, and would love to invite you down. We live by a large open greenland called Hampstead Heath in central London and we often organise little shiba meet ups and walks. We want to organise one for the spring when it gets warmer - why don't you join our group on FB? I'll message you on here when I know more also. http://www.facebook.com/groups/shibalondon/

We might have met. I've done Shiba meets on the Heath before. Photos here:

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/6603/5-shibas-go-wild-in-hampstead-heath#Item_11

Just noticed you posted there! Sorry, haven't been back here since then. Going to be regular again from now on!
  • WillWill
    Hi,

I'm from the Uk. :-) Kuma and I are in Hull. I'm on a Facebook group and have arranged a shiba meet up this sat (11th May) at sandall park, Doncaster.

Not been on here for ages as its my ex's email ad etc but got the login details now :-)

If anyone on this thread is interested in coming on sat or to future meets feel free to message on here or keep in touch via fb

www.facebook.comKumaTheShibaInu

Be great to meet more shiba's and their humans!! :-)

Gerri

• GemmaGemma
    I saw pictures of that walk on the "uk shiba owners" group! Shame me and Laika couldn't make it :( everyone going to attend the "shiba fun day" in August though? :) I'm so excited for it! Also Hull isn't that far away from me and Laika, we're from Halifax! :) we'll hopefully cross paths sometime in the future! :D
  • HirokiHiroki
    Hi, bit late to the game - sorry! I've joined the forum recently, got Hiroki at the end of July. He's getting on for 5 months now. We live in Kent, but could get into London no problem. If there are ever meet ups on weekends and things we'd be interested!
  • PeppaPeppa
    We've just been to a shiba meet up a few weeks ago in Hampstead Heath, London. I don't know when the next meet will be but the details should be on the Facebook group page (Shiba Inu Meet Up London).
  • PeppaPeppa
    @hiroki, there's a shiba meet this coming Sunday 3rd nov @hamsptead Heath in London - parliament hill side. We're meeting up at 1:30 @ the cafe inside the park. Post code is nw5 1qr
  • HirokiHiroki
    Cool, I'll see what we can do! Main issue is our trains go into charing cross so don't know how we'd get him across London to hampstead! I'll have to look into it!
  • micomico
    Shiba meet on Sunday 8th December at Tandle Hill, Oldham, not sure of the start time as daughter forgot to include that in her message but it might be on the facebook page.
  • GemmaGemma
    Yea, I've joined that event page :) Me and Laika will see you there!
  • micomico
    See you tomorrow, the forecast is only 7c so wrap up but hopefully it'll stay dry. Suki's under orders to be on her best behaviour and I've got roast chicken to make sure she comes back!
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    The US Shiba lovers can't wait to see pictures of your meet up! Have fun!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • PeppaPeppa
    Peppa can't wait to see everyone :)
  • micomico
    It was a lovely place and somewhere we haven't been to before so she had a great run. It was just a shame that only one other dog was let off the lead because the others were all deperate to join in with their fun and Suki and her new friend were showing off, charging up and down the paths. It was funny when we arrived because they were all snarling at each other but they soon settled down.

Suki posing for a photo at the top of the hill while all the other dogs look the other way!

photo 20131208_131245_zps0cba60da.jpg

Ready to set off for the walk, I think we put the cat's xmas collar on instead of hers!!

photo 20131208_125504_zps4ccaf395.jpg
  • micomico
    Found a pic where they're nearly looking at the camera, Suki's the one with the big shiba smile

photo 20131208_131345_zpseb993c1e.jpg
  • Kira_KiraKira_Kira
    What gorgeous dogs and the view in the background is breathtaking!
    Cynthia, Proudly owned by Kira
    imageimage
    Kira the Cream Shiba Inu 吉良 - Facebook Page
    Follow Kira on Instagram! Kira_the_cream_shiba_inu
    Kira's Life Story & Photo Thread - Chronicles of Kira

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
  • micomico
    There's a meet up at Jumbles Country Park, near Bolton on Sunday. I think the start time is 1pm but I'm on my phone and can't get onto Facebook in work, I'll check when I get home. Fingers crossed the weather's like today.
  • micomico
    Meet from 12 by the cafe followed by a walk round the lake at 1 which should take about an hour.
  • arashiarashi

Just to let you know there is another meet up on 16th March 2014 at 12:00 at Sale Water Park (Meeting at Jacksons boat)
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1395570617370898/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)