For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Using the advanced search function on the Forum
  • When getting ready to start a new thread, please make sure that there is not already a tread on a similar topic that you can post in. But how do you find out of there is already thread on the topic?

Use the advanced search function! It's a little different than it was before the upgrade. This is how you do it:

Enter something in the search bar and click "go," or just click "go" with a blank field. On the next page, right beneath the search box, you'll see the link for advanced search. Click it. Then you can select more specific features for searching by title, category, who it was posted by, when it was posted, etc.

It's even better than the old search function--so please use it! You'll love it!
    Post edited by shibamistress at 2013-02-03 14:12:19
  • zandramezandrame
    Actually, the new search plugin has a nifty built-in "Already been answered" feature. When a new thread title is typed in the new discussion form, it will populate a list of related threads in the top right corner.

However! the plugin is in active development, and the current build has a little bug, and requires a single line modification to get this to work for non-admins. This is more for @BradA1878 I think, see here - http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/174532/#Comment_174532
  • SayaSaya
    I'be tried use search to get to advance search clicked go with blank search and this comes up.

No results for .
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Kobe1468Kobe1468
    I've been having the same problem for the last couple of days!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
  • RyuDragonRyuDragon
    Please see the report bugs here thread. I have already brought up this issue but you should also let Brad know that you are experiencing it as well.
  • TakeoTakeo
    I might be a total noob, but where is the search text bar on the mobile version?
  • zandramezandrame
    I think the search plugin is down and needs to be restarted again :(
  • TakeoTakeo
    I stumbled upon the link below to access the advanced search and it seems to work fine.

http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/index.php?p=/plugin/page/advancedsearch

• tatonkatatonka
    If you use Chrome on iPhone or Android you can temporarily request the Desktop Site version to do an advanced search.
    Monkey!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)