For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Flu = Raspy Voice = Scared Shiba?
  • bobc33bobc33
    Here is an odd one. I had the flu, and a very deep raspy voice, for well over a week. I noticed Shadow, who is extremely affectionate and follows me around everywhere and sleeps pressed up against me, was avoiding me. If I sat on the couch next to him he got up and moved to the other room. If I went to that room he went back to the couch, and so on and so on...... He came upstairs at bedtime but would just look at me for a minute or so and go back downstairs for the night.

I've been well for a week at least but Shadow still is avoiding me. I'm sure it was the raspy voice which probably sounded like I was growling at him, but darn I miss him! Guess I am going to have to get some extra stinky cheese and other top treats and win back his favor. I'm going slow with him but sure do hope this doesn't last much longer.

Anyone have this happen to them?

[mod edit: re-categorized due to addition of new category]
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-06 10:00:07
  • RikkaRikka
    Nope, but his "changed" behavior sounds like my Shiba being normal. :P
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • tatonkatatonka
    I've used all kinds of voices including embarrassing high pitched voices with Tatonka. He always just gives me an "oh boy" look and walks away.
    Monkey!
  • BootzBootz
    I remember there was another thread but unfortunately can't find it.
    One other forum member had the same happen to her. Which i found funny.

I lost my voice once...but I didn't notice any change in Bootz and Jackie's behavior. We took them to an offleash non gated dog park and their recall was still good even though my voice was horrible. It was even better than when my bf tried to recall them Haha.
  • bobc33bobc33
    Well he did come up at bedtime last night for a little while at least, so that is a start. Still it is tough. My other Shiba is very aloof and catlike, I certainly don't want Shadow to become like that.
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Aw :( gave the shiba love only to take it away. I hope he returns to the way he was for you. I wouldn't mind kismet being cat like from the beginning but since I am used to her being snugly I can't imagine that changing.
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Have you been house bound while sick? One time Kismet did this to me in a way. She stayed in the living room when normally she is the first one to bed. Then she didn't come to bed till I was asleep. All because I didn't take her for a walk that day. At least that's the only reason I could think of lol. Maybe he's mad at you for something :P
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)