For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba tattoo... too much?
  • KimuraKimura
    I came across this on Pinterest and was wondering what everyone thought?

Post edited by Kimura at 2013-01-21 22:28:33
  • RikkaRikka
    Pretty! Tattoos are tattoos, they're for you. I have a half-sleeve on my left arm of traditional Star Wars pieces. :D
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • MikoMiko
    I think its very pretty! But if I was to get something like this i wouldn't know what part of the body to get it on. Id also only do it as a memorial type tattoo.
  • I like it. I have a Shiba tattoo already.

Here's another thread about Shiba tattoos: http://www.shibainuforum.org/forum/discussion/7990#Item_12
  • jennajenna
    If I were to ever get a tattoo, which is unlikely due to my intense fear of needles and pain, it would definitely be Snickers!
    jenna -> founder of nyc shiba rescue, inc.
    snickers -> master of shiba mind control
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • BootzBootz
    I would get the shiba but not the extra stuff. If you like it, go for it! I honestly think people judge to much when it comes to tattoos. Some have a lot of history. Although the worse ones are ones of exes....
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Nah, not too much. =) I've started thinking about appropriate/unique dog tattoo designs, something that I could build on for each new dog in my life. It's not going to be a "Shiba" tattoo. It's going to be a Bowdu tattoo, and a Bowpi tattoo, and...
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • ShibaLoveShibaLove
    If I were to get a shiba tattoo it would be less realistic/portrait like and more cartoon kind of like shibamistress' but that is just personal preference.
  • LosechLosech
    That's a nice looking tattoo! I've got plans for a couple, but not of a Shiba. I might add one in if I can plan it right.
  • I think it looks nice :) I didn't go for realistic, but more of a cartoony version of Kuma. After getting that one I realised it didn't really hurt, so now I want something like @curlytails talks about, something to build for each new dog/cat in my life.
  • KimuraKimura
    Cool!
    Personally, I usually don't like portrait tattoos, mostly because I'd be afraid the end result wouldn't look exactly like the dog or person being tattooed. But for some reason I really dig this one. I actually like the frame that makes it stand out!

The idea of something to build on is interesting. That would be my problem too, the need to add every dog or cat or whatever animal you love to the tattoo. So I like the idea of something more metaphorical that can represent all of them on one shot.
    When I was researching the tattoo I wanted I had just gotten Kimura and there were a lot of really cool fox tattoos on Pinterest but like I said, that would limit it to Kimura and then I would have to have something for my previous dog, Schatzie...
    Hubby's cousin (who absolutely loves animals) has a colourful paw print on her heart, which I thought was a nice way to do it.

At this point, I'm still healing from getting my first tattoo (it's been a month and a half and it's still quite itchy) so I'm not sure another one is such a great idea... but I was curious what you guys thought :D
  • XabiXabi
    I have several tattoos, and a big blank spot in the middle of my back which is waiting for the right image. I would say that tattoos are similar to shibas in that you want to do your research, ask lots of questions, look at previous "work," listen to the experts, and you get what you pay for.

If you're worried about agonizing pain and discomfort enough that it keeps you from getting one, then all the better. There's nothing worse than getting halfway in and wanting out.

This example is really good. I think the color work and shading is excellent, and the portrait is very nice as well. I'm not a big fan of the filigree pattern frame, but it appears competently rendered as well. If I had agreed to this image to be stained into my body, I wouldn't be unhappy with the outcome at all. It's hard to tell how fresh it is, but if it's kept moisturized through the healing process and kept out of the sun then it should age nicely as well.
    X & I signature smaller
  • ArcticArctic
    Ummmm @Rikka, that sounds like the coolest tattoo ever. You should post a picture of it!
  • KimuraKimura
    I agree with @arctic, I'd love to see that Star Wars sleeve :D
    I would also love to see @paranoidparrot's cartoony Kuma tattoo :D
  • RikkaRikka
    Haha, sure. :)

It's supposed to be an "Empire"-themed half-sleeve, so it's all evil-esque, and each means something... different, I guess, lol. The Darth Vader 'DAD' is supposed to represent my father who originally got me into the series as a young kid, and I have pleasant memories of both him and the universe of Star Wars. The Mandalorian skull up top was the first tattoo I got when I turned the ripe age of 18 with my best friend. The TIE fighter is representing my love for mechanics and spacecraft, the Boba Fett with flowers represents my 'feminine' side and that Boba is my favorite character, I have a wampa (on the back of my arm) to represent my 'hidden' monstrous side, the side that no one wants to see. ;) The Empire logo doesn't really represent anything particular, but just that I agree with the creed more-so than the Jedi.

Here's what it looks like when... uh, looking at me I guess:

Post edited by Rikka at 2013-01-22 11:22:30
  • ArcticArctic
    Holy. Crap. @Rikka, that's the coolest sleeve I've ever seen. No joke. I LOVE it.

I think I'm in love LOL.
    Post edited by Arctic at 2013-01-22 13:01:02
  • KimuraKimura
    Very cool!! Thanks for showing us :D
    (I'll have to take good pics of mine so I can show it off)
  • i plan on getting a tattoo of my dog. Still deciding if i want it realistic or more cartoonish
  • MacMac
    @Rikka those are amazing! I have a rebel logo tattoo below my neck on my back.

I have considered a tribal style shiba tattoo. It would work better since my shiba is a B&T anyway. Portrait types are really not my kind of tattoo anyway. They can be cool, but not for me.
  • @Rikka Awesome tattoos!! Glad we have some Star Wars/Shiba fans ;)
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3
    I do like ink but never really been a fan of portrait types - to each their own, right? IMO the Shiba portrait posted above is no bueno.
  • Here's mine :)
    photo tumblr_m2saocGteF1qiipzjo1_500.jpg
  • KimuraKimura
    Ooooooh!! I LOVE it!!
  • RikkaRikka
    That is awesome!
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Awesome!! @paranoidparrot- I love the style of yours :)

I personally don't have any tattoos and never wanted any. My parents both have tattoos. My dad is literally covered in them. If I were to get one though, it would be of my pets from a design I create and probably on the back of my neck.
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.
  • KentaKenta
    I think it's cool! I want a Shiba tattoo for years, but don't know how exactly, because I want it cartoonish style. I now have a cat tattoo, Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service. But I really want a Shiba Inu on my other arm, or a fox, because the fox is my favorite animal :)

Post edited by Kenta at 2013-01-29 15:24:30

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)