For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Celebrity shiba owners
  • SayaSaya
    I saw this on shibaholics and thought it is interesting.

Shiba inu with Dustin Hoffman?!
    http://imagecollect.com/picture/dustin-hoffman-photo-5036750/dustin-hoffman-sighting

Shiba does looks happy.

I don't mind celebraties owning a shiba as long as the dog is happy, trained and well taken care of and not touted as some amazing dog.. I'd hate for shiba to get the celebrity effect and everyone wants the shiba because certain star has one.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • jennajenna
    The Shiba actually belongs to his son.

Other celebrity Shiba owners: Roberta Flack, Daniel Day Kim, Ozzy's daughter what's-her-name, that football player that was in Shibas 101... um, I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
    jenna -> founder of nyc shiba rescue, inc.
    snickers -> master of shiba mind control
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • Daniel Day Kim lives near us and we've seen him a few times...he runs with his Shiba and they look happy...He waves at us (a Shiba recognition wave)

They use Koji's park (where he does his business every morning) for HI-5-0 film staging with all their trucks...

He said hi to us and complimented Koji's appearance...he was super nice and made our day - I'm not usually star struck but I think I got all stupid and giggly...

PS...he's really good looking :)

Edit: DAE - not day - duh
    Post edited by Koji's mom at 2013-01-19 14:57:54
  • jennajenna
    LOL. He definitely is! After living in NYC for 20 years, I'm not usually star struck either, but I'm pretty sure I'd drool and mumble a little if Daniel Day Kim waved at me.
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • SayaSaya
    I do remember reading somewhere Daniel Dae Kim having a shiba which is cool. :)

I like the shows he's been on lost and Hawaii five O..

When I lived in Louisiana I'm sure many stars came to french quarter for visits coarse Mardi Gras and stuff.

I'm not a crazy type fan person where I'll be mean or interrupt the person. I mean I'm sure they'd enjoy a normal life once in awhile.

Dad went by the area they filmed interview with the vampire.. on the way to work and stuff.

As long as the star treats their dog right I'm fine with them owning dogs.
    Photobucket
  • XabiXabi
    Cute shiba. When I read Saya's original post of the thread I thought to myself, "well, I know he's out publicizing his new movie/directorial debut, so if you're trying to get attention a shiba will do it!"

But after seeing the pictures, I can appreciate that even the mighty Hollywood types are subjugated by the all powerful shiba. "Hey! You there! 'Mr. Director.' Hold on to me! I want to feel the NY air in my fur. Whatever falls out on its own will be a token for you to tell your little friends that you touched me."
    X & I signature smaller
  • ArcticArctic
    That football player, Zack Follett, was cut from the Detroit Lions and then retired due to a neck injury. No more celebrity status for him!
  • I always tell people owning a Shiba keeps you humble (and occasionally humiliates you!!:)

So assuming the dog is well taken care of, it may be good for celebrities to own them.
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    I personally see no difference in a celebrity owning them or us "regular" folk owning them. It's not like they don't have the money for proper care. As long as they are educated about the breed then it really is no different other than the dog may have a MUCH larger yard to run around in and possibly a nanny to take them for walks LOL.

Although as Saya said, its not good for any animal to become a "Fad" like tiny purse dogs did when Paris Hilton's show was popular. I'd hate to see "Pocket Shiba's" or anything of that nature :S
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.
  • RikkaRikka
    There are "pocket Shibas" that exist; they're called the Mame Shiba. They try and breed them to be less than 10lbs.

http://www.mame-shiba-inu.com/

It's pretty disturbing to me, tbh.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
    Post edited by Rikka at 2013-01-21 14:51:51
  • SayaSaya
    I'm not a fan of mame shiba inu. Shiba at their right size is small enough they don't need to be smaller..

Though I don't think celebrities and mame shiba have same thing going.. unless a celebrity gets one and tout is as a great dog to have.

Photobucket
  • ArcticArctic
    Everyone who meets my dog after having seen pictures of her always comment on how tiny she is! I think they tend to look bigger in pictures than they actually are. All that is to say that they are small enough already, as @Saya said. They don't need to be smaller.
  • SayaSaya
    I agree some pictures I seen of shiba look bigger on picture, but in person..

Having something as size reference helps get a idea the size of the dog better.

People always think Saya is a puppy still.
    Photobucket
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Yikes. I don't like the Mame Shiba.

I'm concerned how they breed them to be that small. Runts+Runts??? :S
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.
  • jennajenna
    Don't even get me started on the Mame Shiba! :(
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • BootzBootz
    Bootz is a grande shiba. I believe they breed a Big + Big = Grande Bootz.

A LOT of people always talk about her at the dog park...saying how huge she is, even thinking shes a boy... Haha

But i <3 her. 30 lbs of Sweet Shiba ;) Oh and she's the tallest Shiba so far too.
  • jennajenna
    "grande shiba"
    LOL :)
    jennaandsnickers.com
  • Toby is also a grande Shiba... :)

Yeah, the mame shiba make me crazy.
  • tatonkatatonka
    Tatonka likes em big ;)
    Monkey!
  • SayaSaya
    Bootz said:

saying how huge she is, even thinking shes a boy...

People think Saya is a boy all the time! lol

Photobucket
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    That's sad, everyone says Kuma is a girl lol.
    Also these mame shibas look like chihuahua mixes to me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)