For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
URGENT- Need assistance from someone in the Toronto area
  • KimuraKimura
    As some of you may know we are trying to re-home Kimura and we have a great candidate lined-up who wants her. But she wants to make sure a shiba wouldn't trigger her mom's allergies. Would anyone in the Toronto area agree to meet with them and rub their shiba all over her face for me. They want to make sure that if they get her it will be forever!
    If you're in Toronto and willing to help, please e-mail me ASAP at mfgervais@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance :D

[recategorized]
    Post edited by curlytails at 2013-01-16 21:29:47
  • Hope you find someone. that doesn't sound good though. If the mother has allergies to dogs, a shiba will almost certainly trigger them, I would guess.

• zandramezandrame
    Hrm. This is just my opinion, but it seems suspiciously late in the game to start considering allergies.

But, I do hope she is for real and this works out! Kimura deserves it.
  • KimuraKimura
    I thought of both those things... However, they originally said nobody has allergies to dogs, so I think it's more of a precaution for someone who has rare reactions. For example, I have had slight allergic reactions to short-hair dogs, like chihuahuas, in the past and I don't get any from Kimura.
    And I had the suspicions too, thinking she might be using an excuse to back out when she first said that, but she literally asked me for help finding someone telling me it was the last step before she could come pick her up... So I think it's worth trying!!
    Post edited by Kimura at 2013-01-17 06:37:57
  • KimuraKimura
    BUMP
    We have a possible meet, but it would have to wait a bit.
    We're trying to get it done today or tomorrow as she'd like to come pick her up this week-end, so if anyone is available... (But if it was to wait until next week-end, we can make it work)
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    My cousins kids (my second cousins I guess it would be called in the US), are extremely allergic to dogs or pet dander. They came to my apartment, the kids never broke out, until the following morning. I believe that kumas hair must have stuck to their clothes and it irritated their skin the following morning.
    I hope all goes well with his re-homing, I just wish she told you about her mothers allergies before getting everyone's hopes up.
    Maybe you can try contacting the shiba meet up members up there and see if they can help you out.
  • KimuraKimura
    @kumaDUDE: thanks for the info and your concern!
    We have actually found someone to test it out and I'm pretty sure they met tonight. I don't think her mom has bad allergies as they have a cat! So I think she's just a very careful person taking all the precautions before flying 800km and to avoid getting Kimura then having to re-re-home her ;)
  • glitchglitch
    My fiance is very allergic to cats and some dogs. We were a bit worried when we got Kazu because there was a chance he'd be allergic, but he actually didn't get any reaction at all!! So that worked out well :) Good luck.
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Don't forget too that there's a Shiba Rescue for the Greater Toronto Area. Did you get a chance to contact them? It might be in your interest to ask someone in the rescue to help you conduct an informal "home visit" and report back to you, as well...

http://www.shibarescuegta.com/
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    Good luck, I know this decision has been long and hard to make, but I am glad that it is not coming on impulse and you are not reacting on impulse. Taking the time to find the right re-homing situation is in everyone's best interest. I like @curlytails suggestion because my one concern is the home visit that would be too hard for you to really do, but if the rescue org in that area could help give a final opinion that is great for Kimura and more peace of mind you are re-homing to the right person.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)