For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
  • msegermseger
    Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-06 10:00:58
  • SayaSaya
  • BootzBootz
    Basically what Saya said...plus I would add did you give her a nice long walk before the Vet? They behave when they are tired ;)
  • msegermseger
    We did have a walk before vet, but she could've kept up with the hike for a bit longer! Like all our Shibas, she LOVES the outdoors.
    I like the idea of visiting for something other than shots. Just a drop in to say hello and maybe a treat. She is very socialized, though Shiba shy - she barks out as if she lets new friends know she's the boss, then just cant stay away.
    I'm going to let the vet know, and try your advise. I'm hopeful he will give her another chance. I hate to give unnecessary meds. And I hate for her to be so distraught over dr visit.
    Thanks Again!!
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • redcattooredcattoo
    I love my vet, but it is so sad that Bear too needs a muzzle when there. He looks so forlorn when he has to put on the tiny blue muzzle. His file got marked after the visit I left him for neutering. I am sure that was a stressful day. I tend to become overwhelmed at the vet myself and lose track of everything I want to ask/say, just like I do in a Dr's office, so I have never addressed my desire to see if the vet could try to go slower and for normal office visits take a risk of checking Bear out without the muzzle.
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
  • Mine is just bad now, and there's nothing I can do about it. He's had some painful surgeries on his throat and he tries to flee as soon as the vet comes in. If he had thumbs, he would get the door open. He's ok with one vet tech, but that's about it. He's a screamer so they end up muzzling him. I hate taking him.
    Oh, and he won't take treats at the vet, so I can't even bribe him.
    Post edited by orangedoggie at 2013-01-12 15:48:03
  • curlytailscurlytails
  • msegermseger
    So helpful, thank you to all! We have begun with visiting the outside of the building. Over the next month we'll go inside for visits and hopefully work through it. My goodness, what a baby bear! My 11 yr old with Epilepsy takes getting her blood drawn better than our Shiba girl!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)