For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Guess Who Got His Head Stuck?
  • So, I decided to share Zim's shame because it's just too funny. About 15 minutes ago, he was nosing around my husband's backpack to see if there was anything good in there, because he knows that backpacks often transport his toys and treats (this was probably a mistake on our part). While doing so, he put his head through the handle loop on top and got it stuck. We had to cut him out.

• INU RYUUINU RYUU
    LOL, So Zim knows what he has to get your husband for Christmas.
    犬竜
  • BootzBootz
    Glad you guys caught him! It could have turned ugly!!! But it's a cute picture!!! It's ok you can live without that handle and laugh every time you try to grab it
    Post edited by Bootz at 2012-12-04 23:20:40
  • Poor guy! It's funny like this, but yeah, could have been scary. More than one forum Shiba has died getting it's head stuck. :(

Glad this turned out to be just a photo op!
  • Yeah, we block off the kitchen via a baby gate and the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs are closed, so even now as grown dog (he turned one today!), he's basically always within sight unless he's on top of the landing where there is nothing but carpet and wall. When we're not home, he's left in a dog-proof room after a nice long walk and wearing his Thundershirt. I definitely think it helps keep him safe.
  • SayaSaya
    Zim you nut!

Yeah issue with shiba head and neck is they can fit their head into things and most times can't back out to easily or can't back out at all.

Sorry about the ruined handle. :\
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
    Post edited by Saya at 2012-12-05 00:19:30
  • Too funny! He looks calm, though. Glad he's OK.
  • DebDeb
    Zim is a scamp and obviously bears watching, just as you have so responsibly done, and even then he can get in a pinch in the blink of an eye! I do dearly love an independant dog, though.
  • SayaSaya
    At least he lives up to his name! Zim evil irken dog causing owner grief. haha
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • Oh, and no implied criticism meant there--just glad it was all ok, and it is a pretty funny pic!

Leo got his head stuck in a box over thanksgiving--we pretty much did the same thing--quick pic once we were sure he was ok, and then took it off. (Though he wasn't really stuck--he just hadn't managed to reach the orange skin he was after in the box, so he kept walking around with his head in the box trying to reach the orange peel. What a wierdo!)
  • @Saya
    Zim: I put the fires out.
    Tallest Red: You made them worse!
    Zim: Worse . . . or better?

Yes, he definitely lives up to his name.

@Kireielayson
    Yeah, at first he was trying to get out of it, then (while we were fetching the scissors) he just sort of gave up and started walking around with it on. It was at that point that the picture was taken.

Edit: @shibamistress
    No criticism taken! Mostly I was just thinking about how right you are. Zim is a relatively good dog, but this sort of thing definitely still showcases the kind of trouble even a well-behaved Shiba can get into.
    Post edited by notoriousscrat at 2012-12-05 04:00:11
  • jelliesjellies
    Boris got his head stuck through the handle of a reusable shopping bag the other day. I only realised when I heard him whine in a way he never normally does. He was wearing the bag like an apron, making it tough to walk.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)