For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
"Christmas Puppies"
  • I just needed a place to rant. I am always looking on craigslist at the pets section. Fayetteville is particularly bad because of military dropping their dogs when they deploy or move. (Not bashing all military, many are responsible) Christmas has always been bad being flooded with "Christmas puppies" but I have never seen it as bad as it is this year. It makes me sick. Probably 50% of the dogs are litters and litters of pit puppies. Many being sold at 5 weeks. It feels like the more I flag the more pop up. My heart aches for all these dogs but particularly the pits bought for Christmas seeing as many of them will be taken to the shelter and put to sleep. Or even worse, in my opinion, chained in the backyard alone.

I wish there was something that could be done about it. Is there anyone thats town/city, is doing anything to try and stop this? Any breeding policies in place? I feel like I need to do something but what can be done?
  • SayaSaya
    I hate news paper ads. :\

I see husky puppies great for Christmas!

No mention on interview before getting puppy. I hate how a lot these breeders will sell to anyone with money without being sure they're ready for a husky's exercise requirement or lab/mastiff training and socialization and so on.

Selling at five weeks isn't good.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • KimuraKimura
    That's really sad... I wonder if your local Humane Society can do something about it...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)