For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shibas say the Darnedest things!!!! Add yours!!!
  • My last thread got me thinking...might there be other crazy Shiba parents who talk for and are convinced they know exactly what their pet is thinking/saying??? Add your photos with captions!!!

Tenchi: So then, I was like "Get this GoTDern Kibble out my face and give me Yo Steak WOMAN!!!!!"
    Frank: -_-
    Tenchi: :/
    Frank: 0_o
    Tenchi: :(
    Frank:
    Tenchi: I lied.
    IMAG2231-1
  • BrewSterBrewSter
    ha! i straight up talk to my shiba..i speak he replies and so on...also weve come up with a "brewster voice" we use to speak for him when he makes weird faces or does something odd
  • Aiko1Aiko1
    Can't stop laughing!
    I will straight up have a conversation with Aiko and he looks at me "Seriously mom?"
  • @BrewSter I totally do the exact same thing. And I have a Zim voice.

Zim's favorite phrase: [gets up excited from his nap to go rest his head on my lap and look pathetic while I'm eating] Helloooo, mommy!
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @Aiko1, I am with you ... Bear always says with a look "Seriously Mom?" especially when I am trying to be unpredictably silly with him.
  • JuniJuni
    We also have a Juni voice which is really silly and we are convinced she gossips about us to her friends at doggy daycare. Sometimes she doesn't eat well and then we always say her darling Tino, the Leonberger has told her she's getting chubby so she's gone on a diet.
  • If we call Katsu fat, sometimes I swear he hears and then doesn't eat for the rest of the day to prove it..... He also constantly says "oh boy oh boy oh boy" with his butt wiggles...
  • MacMac
    The worst is when they argue back. My guy was asking for a chip once and i told him no. He the started grumbling back. Back and forth with no and grumbles whines and snorts. After 2 minutes he huffed of.What was funny is i didnt realize anyone was there and look up and my friends are just staring. I just smiled and said its a shiba thing.
  • KimuraKimura
    My husband likes to think that Kimura is super rude in her head, so she swears a lot!
  • Okay, this is slightly off-topic, but I think it still fits. My boyfriend and I always do a funny voice for Kaya, and we say "Kaya dog, here!" but "dog" has a soft 'g' so it sounds more like "Kaya Dodge, here!"

Anyways, just the other day, my boyfriend held her up and said it, and I told him that whenever one of us says that, I always imagine her as a reporter, holding a microphone. He admitted that he always imagines her as a car salesman with a stupid commercial "Kaya 'dodge' here - get your dodge caravan with special financing!! Today only!" haha.

Anyways, I decided that we needed to see how she would look in these professions, so last night I did a little photoshop-ing. For your enjoyment:

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Post edited by Hummingbird at 2012-12-04 16:07:47
  • ArcticArctic
    Hahahahaha. That's all I can say.
  • @hummingbird

Omg!!!! That's awesome! Lol :P
  • @Kimura

Tenchi has an Awful potty mouth just like his mommy....lol!!!
  • LOL... those pictures are great.

Jibo is very vocal and does these howls/yodels in response to me. Probably the strangest time he did this was when I had gotten home from work, he was sitting up on my bed while I was changing. As I pulled off my shirt he did this weird howl and had his head cocked at an angle while watching me.

I accused him of being a perv and then he howled again.
  • xena_inuxena_inu
    please excuse the bad word i say, we normally hear her whine like this but this time was something different so it caught me off guard LOL to me it sounded like she was saying "you dont love me" but my husband thinks she said "get off of me" LOL

• AvehAveh
    @sarahzilla LOL that brings a whole new meaning to wolf-whistle!

After a walk, I always make my pup Haku sit once we get inside so that I can take off his leash (collar + lead). For some reason he'll refuse sit, and refuse to look at me and refuse to make eye contact, all the while defiantly standing and staring into the living room expectedly. He won't turn his body, head, or eyeballs to face me! I always imagine he's thinking "if I just keep looking at the living room you'll eventually give in and take the leash off". I'm pretty stubborn too so I don't budge. He usually gives up after a minute and then finally sits.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    LOL, I listened several times and I am convinced that she said "Do you love me?", like a questioning sound.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @Aveh, Bear does the same thing only he looks at me. He knows I won't put on or take off his leash (martingale collar + leash) unless he is sitting. Sometimes we just stare at each other for what seems to be minutes on end before he sits, especially after coming back in. I am not as stubborn as you, so I have given in a few times when in my own rush though when wanting to get it on or off.
  • RikkaRikka
    I talk or ask Sagan things all the time but he normally just tilts his head and stares at me. I've never received a vocal response before. I've taught him "Speak!" on command, but aside from that, nada.
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • tatonkatatonka
    I went to pet Tatonka on his little bean bag the other evening and the dude turned around and faced the wall. It isn't English but the communication was pretty clear. :P

Monkey!
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @tatonka, reminds me of one evening Bear was on the couch, decided he didn't like me stroking him as he lay next to me (couldn't resist touching him) so he moved to the floor, but I followed, he gave me a look and walked over and went in his crate as to say this is my area where I ask to be left alone now.
  • KimuraKimura
    This photo was taken at the dog park, and I do believe Kimura is thinking:
    "YEEHAW, giddy-up, you inferior canine"!

Either that, or she was thinking: "OMG, what did I get myself into and how do I get off this thing?" (based on the position of the ears... lol).
    Post edited by Kimura at 2012-12-09 09:12:11
  • @Kimura, Haha! OMG, that is such a funny photo, love it! :)
  • Gene23Gene23
    Wallace is very vocal. Growls, grunts, some noises I cant even describe. But they are all very interesting because we know he's trying to express himself to us. Mostly arguing back though...
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    @Kimura - What a great shot! =))
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Kismet & BitiBea~*.
  • No picture to go with this, but this was a conversation that was had on the first walk we took with Zim when we got home from the holidays. My husband was, um, speaking for Zim.

Me: I think Zim is pretty occupied with checking his pee-mail.
    Zim: Yeah, it's mostly junk though. What do I need with a bigger penis?
    Me: Hazard of being a eunich, I suppose.
    Zim: BUT, if I send a Nigerian doggy some of my kibble . . .

Couldn't continue at that point because I started laughing too hard.
  • ShibaLoveShibaLove
    @xena_inu Same reaction as you! That is not the usual dog noise for sure! It sounds like Do you love me to me as well!
    @Kimura Wow! I can't believe this happened or that you got the shot. That is crazy!
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Today when I was doing Vaccine Reminder phone calls

"I iz helpin you work mum?"

Photobucket
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
  • BootzBootz
    @BitiBea, wow really?

Bootz has her own chair...but man THE TABLE?!?! You put him there or he jumped up?
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    @Bootz- She jumps from my lap to the desk. Sometimes she will even go onto the higher part and stand there. She greets the clients when they come into the clinic. She is our "clinic cat" LOL.
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
  • KimuraKimura
    Thanks everyone! We have an amateur or semi-pro photographer who comes to the park all the time and he LOVES Kimura, so I got a dozen awesome photos from him :D
    @BitiBea: you have the cutest desk decoration EVER! I second the question, did she pick the spot herself or did you put her there?

EDIT: nevermind, you answered! The clinic clients must adore her!
    Post edited by Kimura at 2013-01-10 15:22:14
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    @kimura- That is super lucky!! I'll have to get some professional shots of Kizzy one day :) and yes the clients adore her :D I get a lot of the "What type of dog is that?" during my day.
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    "I iz done helping ma, I nap in your hand now."
    Photobucket
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
  • KimuraKimura
    Kismet is soooo sweet!!
    Here's Kimura saying what I think she truly believes: "I am the queen of the world"
    (she had never been on that chair before and is not really allowed on furniture until she learn to behave):

Post edited by Kimura at 2013-01-10 16:01:33
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    Hahahhaa that is adorable! She looks very regal up on that red chair :)

I bet quite a few people have "Queen/king" of the world pictures since almost EVERY Shiba thinks that way :D Maybe we should start up a "King/Queen" of the world photo thread :P
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
  • KimuraKimura
    BitiBea said:

Maybe we should start up a "King/Queen" of the world photo thread :P

That would be awesome, but it would go on and on and on... :D
  • glitchglitch
    this thread is hilarious!
    We made up a 'Kazu' voice too. And when we make him talk he's usually a big grump or yelling or swearing at us, or being a whiney baby.
  • RikkaRikka
    @BitiBea - Your icon reminded me of an image I saw earlier:

Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • knnwangknnwang
    Ratchet will occasionally bark at strangers walking by or wine/howled when he recognizes the neighbors or the neighbor’s dog.

I just took him to the Veterinarian this week for his annual wellness exam and his 5 in 1 & boretella boosters. It’s was funny, after the vet check his coat, skin, eyes, ears then mouth he proceeded to give him his 5 in 1 shot. Of course he reacted to the needle and yelped a short sharp shiba cry and stopped. Right after that the vet had to pull out another syringe for the bordetella, as soon as he saw the 2nd syringe he started that long/sharp cry baby thing. The vet wasn’t even touching him. The bordetella vaccine was an oral liquid, but since he had his mouth open it was made it easy to squirt the liquid in his mouth, haha.

Feces analysis came back clean; he’s a healthy little pup. Lol, I still find it funny how a quiet little Shiba can startle people who do not know about their scream and dramatics.
    Post edited by knnwang at 2013-01-11 12:08:17
  • wufanwufan
    My wufan always says : I will not do it again.
  • BitiBeaBitiBea
    @Rikka- omg I love that!!! Too cute ^_^
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (1)