For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
a Shiba's nose is amazing
  • BarrowBarrow
    I'm continually amazed at Deshka's nose and her ability to find things in the snow. This morning she uncovered a relatively new leather gun scabbard which I'm sure came off someone's snowmachine as they headed out to hunt caribou. She also dug down almost 20" of snow to a small container of muktuk (whaleskin and blubber-good snacking while hunting).

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  • lindsaytlindsayt
    "Common sense isn't so common"
    photo c5d87957-61b6-48af-a440-4187cbfc861b_zps88ccdf88.jpg
  • SayaSaya
    Awesome job! :)

Saya loves seeking out mice she does good job finding them, but so far they've escaped her, but it's fun seeing her pounce on them.

Saya detected a juvenile rabbit in some dense high grass she stopped then quickly pounced on it I heard the rabbit scream there was enough vegetation the rabbit was able to squirm out and run to the field.

Good find Deshka. Maybe your shiba have fun working on nose work training for fun. :)
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Deshka the rescue dog... Has a nice ring to it :p
  • RikkaRikka
    How awesome! Nice job, Deshka!
    Lauren, living with a 4 y/o Shiba named after a scientist. ☆
  • Kirby has an amazing nose too!!!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Anon)
  • LosechLosech
    Spiffy! Conker seems to have a retarded nose... he can't sniff out a treat even when it's right in front of him. He depends mostly on his eyes and ears to do his hunting.
    Post edited by Losech at 2013-02-04 21:31:57
  • tatonkatatonka
    $500. I disagree :P
  • SayaSaya
    I hate foxtails. I don't think they're in my area, but hear bad things on them..

Saya finds mice nests in wood piles, by shed, in grass pretty easily so I guess her nose is good..

She did find a raccoons arm that was at the side of the house. A coyote got it and ate everything, but the arm? I don't know.

Saya went over to the side of the house and was sniffing it and I took it right away. Crazy shiba.

She usually goes there sometimes to chase after rabbits that might be there most times there isn't any rabbits, but she still thinks there are some there.
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)