For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Oh No! I think I killed my parents....
  • GatsuGatsu
    My family has had a lot of pets through the years. And we've taken it hard whenever we lost one. My parents especially take it hard. Well I bought a cat, and 2 shibas. And they've bonded closer to my family probably more so than any of our other pets. It's insane how much my parents love them. But the sad thing is, all 3 animals have a chance to pass away around the same time. My parents are in their 50's, they'll be in their 60's when these 3 go... At that age, I'm not sure my parents hearts can handle losing their 3 babies. :O I THINK I JUST SENT MY PARENTS TO AN EARLY DEATH.
    Post edited by Gatsu at 2012-11-01 11:19:01
  • Your parents will still be plenty chipper at 60.

I'm obliged to say that since my mother is 66.
  • BootzBootz
    Lol. Don't even make me think about my fur babies passing at the same time! By then though I will have a child. So s/he will be my rebound lol (joke). Get some grand kids for your parents and they will be fine :)

I watched Hachi the other day and cried bad. Even though they might pass the same time, I still don't regret getting them at the same time. Do you?
  • redcattooredcattoo
    @Gatsu, you will just have to introduce a 3rd (and 4th) Shiba(s) into the mix in a couple of years, that way as the others pass on the next generation is already there. No way your parents could be sent to an early death if the next generation still needs them :)
  • GatsuGatsu
    Well I hope my parents will still be chipper in their 60's.

lol my dad likes the shibas more than his grandkids. He takes pics of the shibas, and text them out to people. My sisters are like what the heck, he never takes pictures of the grandkids!
  • GatsuGatsu
    lol good plan cattoo, if I can't make a grandchild, I'll just buy more shibas! I'll be that crazy cat lady, but with shibas!

And no I don't regret them at all, these little guys have got me through a lot. Also I need to watch hachi, I still haven't seen it. My friend at work says it's his favorite movie, that's how I know him and I are crazy dog people. lol
  • BootzBootz
    Hahah. I only watched it recently because my bf keeps referencing it. He apparently cried during it LOL. (We also were arguing in the beginning cause he didn't believe me when i said the puppy was a shiba not a JA)

BF said no to a 2nd shiba/3rd dog :( he says we have to have a child first.
  • redcattooredcattoo
    :) My husband and I are already talking about when we may get a 2nd Shiba. Before our Shiba we had 4 cats (2 sisters about 15.5 yrs old and 2 sister/brother about 4 yrs old to keep generational rotation). Right after getting our Shiba one of the older cats passed on, so we are still in balance with 4 pets. My husband though already has asked if when Teddie (the oldest cat who just turned 16 in September) passes on if we would consider another cat or a dog .... I said another Shiba without any hesitation and he didn't even blink an eye. :)
  • tatonkatatonka
    My parents are deathly afraid of dogs. My dad, when he was a kid, experienced a family friend go completely crazy, then die after contracting Rabies from a dog bite. My mom has always had bad experiences with dogs. Just a couple of weeks ago my parents were walking in a park at night when an unleashed Malamute came up and jumped on my mom, scratching her and drawing blood in a sensitive spot in her belly where she's had stitches from multiple surgeries. The dog wasn't aggressive, just excited and not off-leash material, especially at night. They tried to talk to the owner but the guy hopped into a truck with his pooch and sped off.

Strangest thing is that they are willing brave their (quite uncontrollable) fears to meet Tatonka. They haven't met him yet..
    Monkey!
    Post edited by tatonka at 2012-11-02 10:21:17
  • BootzBootz
    @Tatonka, Tonka is adorable! They will love him :)
  • WendyNCWendyNC
    Gatsu, one Shiba will live to be 11, the other will live to 13, and the cat will be 17-18, so it won't happen all at once.

What? My guess is as good as anybody's!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)