For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
BT shiba in SF in need of home
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23960652

Sorry not sure if I should have posted this here or not
    Post edited by curlytails at 2012-09-06 02:01:23
  • EthosEthos
    What a sad story! I hope he finds a loving home.. :(
  • That is a terrible story. I hope he finds a good home too.
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    So do we, if my parents dog wasn't so unsocialized, I would have adopted him already. Unfortunately I doubt their dog will get along with Wally, and unfortunately I can't handle a second shiba with my newborn and Kuma (6mo now).
    I'm emailing everyone who has asked me about Kuma and where they can find their own shiba, in hopes that Wally finds the perfect home.
  • SayaSaya
    What a horrible family to just give the dog up due to a baby and just to give him to garbage man who just locked him in a cage for a year?! Poor boy!

He's a handsome B&T I hope he finds a home that feeds him the best and gives him a good life full of hiking and pets.

I just watched all the videos it breaks my heart someone did this to a dog. :(
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
    Post edited by Saya at 2012-09-06 12:50:48
  • BootzBootz
    omg he's perfect T_T black and tan...and male...

but my bf would kill me if i get a 3rd dog.

I hope he finds a loving home.
  • atlasatlas
    That's so sad. I just watched all the videos, too. Such a good dog. I hope he finds a good home.
  • Actually it's worse. From the chronology it sounds like he was locked away for a year, escaped back to the original family, who returned him to the garbage man who then locked him away for another year. Two years total and an amazingly resilient dog. I really hope he gets adopted soon by a good owner.
  • SayaSaya
    So sad the dog escaped hell to find his family and they just betrayed him by returning him to the garbage man again.

If I had my way with law this kind of thing would be punishable! >.<<br />
    Being around that garbage can't be good for humans or dog.

I mean the garbage guy should gave the dog to someone else if he didn't want to take care of him and original family sounds horrible they didn't even care to see how he was being taken care of.
    Photobucket
  • BootzBootz
    Yay!! Bf was touched by Wally's story. We are going to submit an application and see if we can meet up with the Wally next week with Bootz.

*excited* :)
  • Good luck, @Bootz! Please let us know what they say.

I am not sure, but I think this Shiba is still in Taiwan. The group that he's listed with, Asians for Humans, Animals, and Nature, is based in the SF Bay Area, but they network heavily with Taiwanese rescue groups. I met this dog's foster, Mary, last month at the airport in Taiwan when I helped transport a group of their dogs to adopters in the US. she seems like a very dedicated woman who is intent on helping the dogs in her care.

Unfortunately, abandonment stories like this are all too common in Taiwan. All the dogs there deserve a chance at a good life too, but suitable households are limited, so they often try to find them homes overseas.
    Bowdu 寶肚 (Shiba) and Bowpi 寶媲 (Basenji) with M.C.
  • atlasatlas
    @Bootz - I'm glad to hear it and I hope it works out!
  • BootzBootz
    @curlytails,

Thanks! Yeah after watching the videos i'm like "WHERE IN SF ARE THOSE MOUNTAINS" i figured Wally was from Taiwan also. I haven't been there myself but my boss was raised there and mentioned there are A LOT of strays there.

@Atlas, Thanks. I hope it goes well, from the description Wally sounds like Bootz, just a male version + black and tan! Although my boyfriend is worried about health conditions and what not.
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    @bootz awesome! Let me know how it goes, also my wife, son, and Kuma will be up north with me end of this month. If any bay area people in the forum want to meet up, I would appreciate it :)
  • EthosEthos
    Bootz, big respect for the effort you are doing.
  • BootzBootz
    @kumaDUDE, let me know! I'm down for a meet up. Fort Funston is nice but Kuma must have reliable recall XD or we can go to a gated dog park around San jose.

@Ethos, :( i need to hear back first. I can't find Wally's picture on the website for online application so I sent an email.
  • @Bootz, @kumaDUDE, if you decide to head to Ft. Funston or an ungated park, let me know. Bowdu isn't good in certain meetup situations, but he does well at BIG parks like that.
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Ft funston should be fine, he'll play with other dogs and follow wherever they go lol. His recalls good too
  • On FB, they said they had tons of interest in Wally, so sounds like he will definately get a home, but I gotta say, I'm hoping for Bootz to get a new friend! Because it would be so cool to have a forumite get Wally!
  • MayamaMayama
    We seriously considered sending in our application for Wally (as well as his brother Cooper, http://www.ahan.org/adoptions/animaldetails.php?aid=1409&page=1) when I saw his information on AHAN, but my boyfriend thinks we should get Maya's allergies under control first. So I guess the plan to get a 2nd dog needs to be on hold for now.

@Bootz, good luck with the application. It'll be great if he can join your family. By the way, we'd love to join a Ft. Funston gathering too!
    Shiba Inu Maya's blog and FB page
  • SayaSaya
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23938793
    Photobucket
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Scratch that, I think I may have Kuma on a leash, not quite sure yet lol

I didnt know they were brothers, thought they were from different owners. Such a sad story, and I hope they find wonderful homes.
    Post edited by kumaDUDE at 2012-09-06 23:15:57
  • BootzBootz
    @Curlytails, KumaDUDE, Mayama, oh wow. I guess we're set for Fort Funston end of September! We'll make a thread later I guess for people that want to join? Since we know there will be 4 forum members attending. :)

@Shibamistress, i hope so too! Bf was definitely against rescues, but Wally's story really touched him.

I notice the website says prefers a home without dogs, I wonder if they want him to be the only dog to get more TLC? :( i hope I don't lose cool points since I have Bootz and Jackie but they're both super cool. Hoping Wally can be our third and FINAL musketeer!

Bottom line, I will be just as happy if he finds a loving home :) him and his brother!
  • BootzBootz
    @kumaDUDE, lol XD you have a couple weeks to decide! You been to Fort Funston yet?
    I usually don't let Bootz off leash until we get a little deeper into the park cause last time she pooped near the cliff -.- and i almost had a heart attack picking it up. LOL.
  • tatonkatatonka
    I'm in Sactown. Tatonka and I can come put the Fun in Funston.. and bring Wally a present :)
    Monkey!
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Lol, I have never been there, but I'm assuming it's ok to have the dogs on leash if need be? If not thats fine too, his recalls good, for a 6mo shiba.
  • Yes, it's a huge, expansive off-leash beach.

Flight of fancy

Good thing is that it's fairly secure on the beach, with a pretty steep cliff on one side so your dog can't really run into trouble. However, there's a LONG stretch of beach they could run down if they feel like trying to get away from you. ;)

Anyway, we can discuss details in another thread. Sorry to hijack this one for Wally... but if he gets a home in the SF Bay Area, these ARE some of the perks he can look forward to!
  • BootzBootz
    :( Just heard back, Wally has an adoption pending already. Which is why I couldn't find his picture on the website.

Sad I couldn't meet him, but glad he found a home!
  • kumaDUDEkumaDUDE
    Awesome and sad that you never met him.
  • atlasatlas
    Awww :(

I'm glad he found a home, though
  • MayamaMayama
    Aww... That's too bad. But good to know he found a new home. Hope we'll get to see him in some Bay Area shiba gatherings.
    Shiba Inu Maya's blog and FB page

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)