For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Shiba in Indiana
  • atlasatlas
    I just found out from a family member that my husband has some family in Indiana. Apparently, they own a 2 year old shiba that they raised from puppyhood. I've never met this family or their shiba, but they say she's a really good dog and that they don't have time for her anymore (:(). If I didn't live so far, I'd take the shiba in and foster her until I could find her a forever home. I'm in Texas, however, and it's not feasible for me to drive to Indiana right now.

I don't really have any details about where she got her shiba, but I'm concerned because I know they're having trouble finding her a home. I don't want her to end up in a shelter or a bad situation. So I thought I would post here (with the family's permission) to see if anyone is interested in her or if there are any Indiana shiba rescue groups I can put them in contact with. I tried doing a google search to find one in the state but didn't see any. If there is a group out there, I'd be willing to sponsor/donate to help find this poor shiba a home.

[ETA, I found the Midwest Shiba Rescue and will put her in contact with them, but it seems like they have a waiting list for foster homes, so if you know of any other options, please let me know!]

She's fixed and up to date on her shots.

If any of you forum members are interested, pm me your email address and I can put you in contact with the family.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Post edited by atlas at 2012-08-22 20:27:08
  • SayaSaya
    She looks so cute. Midwest shiba is a good rescue hope they can help. Sorry they can't keep her anymore must be so sad. :(

I'm in Indiana, but no car and reliant on mom to take me places and she works too much so she barely has time to relax..

I wish I lived on my own and stuff, but right now working on getting my own car.

I hope she has good outcome.

There is a basenji and shiba rescue in Indianapolis so maybe they can help? If anything put up a courtesy listing? I dunno.

I never met with the rescue I went to an event they supposed to have gone to, but they couldn't come.
    I think this is the rescue.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Americas-Basenji-Rescue-Inc/47229749949
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 5year old Bella(Boxer), and 4year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • atlasatlas
    Oh, thank you! I didn't see that one when I was searching around. I'll send her the info for that rescue, too. A courtesy listing would be great, even if they can't take her in. I'll suggest that.

I appreciate it!!
  • Tri-State Shiba rescue is in western Ohio and is another place worth contacting. Now sure if they have space but worth checking.
  • atlasatlas
    Thank you! Will do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)