For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
The Heater Monster
  • Post edited by sunyata at 2013-06-06 10:33:30
  • WendyNCWendyNC
    I doubt she's permanently broken, but she certainly seems a little bent! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what the experienced folks advise.
  • Shiba_HaduShiba_Hadu
    Try setting it out and let her go up to it on her own, when she does go near it give her a treat or praise her. It worked on Hadu when she was afraid of the fan. It'll take some time but it should work.
  • sunyatasunyata
  • kayla4554kayla4554
  • @Shiba_Hadu
    What I am doing at present is getting her to try to get comfortable again with the place where the heater USED to be with treats, as I've removed it now. You can see her thinking "Now, where the hell is that thing? I know it's here somewhere!" It will take time, obviously.
    @Sunyata
    That's a great video, thanks for that. The guy has a lovely approach. I have to say though, that Umi is much more terrified of the heater than Joey is of his box.
    @kayla4554
    Ha, yeah, I was just trying to imagine the way she might perceive it. As soon it started blowing hot air out, she had a meltdown, but I guess it could be any number of things.
  • So, Umi has now relaxed again the house. The heater, unfortunately, is locked away - unlikely to return. Thankfully I live in a place where a heater isn't a necessity anyway, so it's not a major drama. If it were the airconditioner....THEN we'd have a problem! The whole episode has been very strange. It is not something I would every have thought would send a dog loopy but there you go. It's nice to have a bouncy, spirited little Shiba back on deck in the house. It's a compomise I can live with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)