For all new members, please check out the thread New to the Forum? What to do and forum guidelines.
Cow Hoove
  • BritigerxBritigerx
    Has anyone tried giving their shiba inu a cow hoove? I bought one to give to mine but he isn't playing with it or anything. This is strange because he is always constantly chewing on things. Could it be too big for him? I know he can't put it in his mouth nor carry it anywhere because its big but I feel like he should still chew on it. He keeps staring at it and growling but doesnt chew on it. Any ideas?
  • MayamaMayama
  • koyukikoyuki
  • PhantomPhantom
    Nobi has one. He actually picked it out at the store. He loves it and would do anything to get it. Of course, he's only 11 weeks old, so it might depend on the age and personality?

To add more to the discussion, how long do the hooves last for everyone?
  • koyukikoyuki
  • AnnaAnna
    My local pet store offers stuffed hooves. So it's a smaller hoof than that and has some weird cheddar-bacon gelatin formed in it. So at first Hammond ignored his hooves, but once I brought home a stuffed one, he now chews them all.

I also recently bought an entire cow foot (from the same store, so it's a manufactured dog treat, not a random item from a slaughterhouse). At first he really ignored that because it's the size of his head, but eventually he started nibbling at it. Then there was a small hole near the top and I stuffed some salmon treats in it. Now he chews it a lot and drags it around the apartment, haha.
  • pdleepdlee
    I get these from Petsmart:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12623974&lmdn=Dog

Not sure if you can see it because I'm on my iPod touch. Anyways, Pria loves these and they last about two weeks at least. She carries it around from room to room and it is really the only chew that she likes.
  • BootzBootz
    lol. growling at it.

New things sometime take time. But there should be a smell that will attract them to it. When I first got Bootz it she gave me a "i'm suppose to chew this?" look. Then hesistantly put her mouth on it. After she taste it, she was busy with it for HOURS. Now she chews on it once in a while. I'm going to rotate her chews so she keeps interest.

Maybe wet it a little bit? that sometimes help.
  • MayamaMayama
  • FoxyloverFoxylover
  • JosieAndMarouJosieAndMarou
  • glitchglitch
    Post edited by glitch at 2012-05-25 23:58:43
  • koyukikoyuki
  • Sarah_Jay12Sarah_Jay12
  • SayaSaya
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • DianaBostonDianaBoston
    I stay away from the black colored hooves as they seem to splinter quite easily. I stick with the light colored ones and get them for 99 cents at our local pet store. My girl loves them and sometimes I smear a little peanut butter inside for a really special treat.
  • lindsaytlindsayt
  • SayaSaya
  • catloreecatloree
  • BritigerxBritigerx
    Kota took forever to play with it but he chews on it now but I think he likes the Kong toy I got him more.. Has anyone's shibas actually finished the entire hoof? Kota has had his since I last posted this and I thought he'd have chewed it already..
  • BootzBootz
    Yes, my shiba finished hers in 3-4 months time. Then again I always have 2 hooves out.
  • FoxyloverFoxylover

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)